Let This Be A Sign

This story starts with a young boy. Named Giyuu. He was a normal little boy but he didn't grow up in a normal world.

His parents were taken away from him when he was young by illness and his older sister was taken away by a demon.

He was left alone, left with sadness. The people of his village eyed him with worry. He did not look okay. He was not okay.

So they reached out far away for his relatives who were doctors. They were going to send him away. Even though he didn't want to. So he ran away.

He ran into the woods and mountains and when he ran he slipped due to the snow.

He fell unconscious, the snow creating a cold soft blanket over his body. But before he was buried underneath it a hunter found him. He called out to the boy. Who did not answer. He held the boy's head with his hand and felt the red warm liquid that was trickling out into the hunter's skin and on to the snow staining it red.

He panicked and pulled out a cloth to cover the boys wound. He quickly walked through the snow with the young boy in his arms. The air was cold and thick the more he was ascended up the mountain.

He finally reached near the top were a small hut resided. He walked to the door and knocked firmly on it.

The door opened in few seconds and he was let in. It was an older man. He brought them in. He was not alone in that hut, but there was another little boy. The older man took the young boy and laid him down, he quickly started to treat the boys wounds.

He was breathing but if he did not get help he would have died. But sadly they were not quick enough. They were not quick enough to save one thing. His hearing.

The young boy woke up a few days later, with no sense of hearing. He was in a panic for a while. He could not hear or anything. The hunter left him in the care of the old man.

The old man taught him a lot. Taught him how to use his other senses and how to use his hands to speak.

The boy was frustrated at times but he got a hold of it. Time went by and he was introduced to demon slaying. He joined that other young boy in training until they were old enough to leave that mountain and go take a test to be demon slayers.

In the end everyone passed except the other little boy, leaving the old man and young boy all alone. They were devastated especially the little boy. That was his friend. His everything.

So in honor of his friend he cut half of his clothing pattern and sewed it onto his sisters clothing making the perfect hoari to represent all of those he has lost.

And he left to be a demon slayer. And so filled with sadness and rage he climbed to the top. He didn't tell people that he was deaf to avoid discrimination.

To sense demons coming towards him, he would use his sense of smell and touch. He would close his eyes and focus all of his energy into the air, he would catch a feel of their scent and charge at them or he would use the energy in his feet to feel the vibrations of their movements and kill them.

He could not hear anything. Not even muffled sounds it was like all sounds that he once knew before disappear. All he heard was darkness.

It wasn't long before he was the best of the best and became a Hashira. It only took him a few months and he was good at his job.

But he never thought he deserved any of it. When he was presented with the title as Water Hashira he did not fell excited.

He could read the master's lips congratulating him, but he didn't feel the need to be congratulated.

He felt like his dearest friend who died at final selection should been in his spot. And he should have been in his.

When he left the meeting with the master he was granted with a bunch of stuff. Like an estate, a new uniform, a cooler sword, he was granted with things people would be grateful to have, but he didn't know how to show that he was grateful because when presented with all of these things he felt guilt.

He met the other Hashiras. They were nice. He often times got confused because some of them were so energetic it was hard to read their lips. And he ended up admitting to some of them what was wrong with him.

They understood and did not see him any differently. The master found out and was still fine with him being a Hashira since he had been slaying demons before they found out and it didn't affect him.

He did want them all to not tell others about his secret because he didn't want anyone's pity or discrimination. He just wanted to live a peaceful life while demon slaying.

He was the Water Hashira. He was a skilled swordman. He was tall. He was deaf. He was pale. He had beautiful deep blue eyes. He was calm. He always smelled like a calm stream of water. He had the aura of calming waters. He had long black hair, always tied in a low ponytail. He wore a black uniform. He wore a half and half hoari. He had pink lips. He had a long beautiful blue sword. He was always accompanied by a older crow.

His name was Tomioka Giyuu.