𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6: 𝖔𝖈𝖊𝖆𝖓 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘

Dante Alejandro POV:

I'm sitting at my usual spot with Ashton. The balcony is a great place to get away from people. I light my cigarette and look over at Ashton, he's looking at me with a grin on his face.

"What do you want?" I grumble, already irritated, for the last two hours, since I told him I liked Rylee he's kept saying stupid shit like "love at first sight" it's not a fucking fairy tale. "You are acting like I've never had a girlfriend before." I roll my eyes at him, and take a drag of my cigarette and blow out a cloud of smoke. "It's like Romeo and Juliet, forbidden love- rival families!" Ashton exclaimed, "Do you think she likes you back?"

"Oh just fuck off Ashton, you're getting on my nerves." I snapped at him, I know I'll never be able to get with her. I know it will never work but she is a goddess in human form, I could stare at her all day like a fucking sport she's mesmerising. I feel more drawn to her every time she speaks with that addictive voice, it's like a drug I will never be able to recover from.

Ashton looks at me and keeps nagging, "You like her! You like her!"

I groan, putting my air pods in my ears as I continue to smoke my cigarette with every puff I take the more calm I become.

I look over to where Ashton was sitting but he's no longer there and instead find a gorgeous figure, I look at the figure's face and its Rylee she is wearing a light blue hoodie with cycling shorts. She places herself next to me, taking one of my air pods and she puts it in her ear. "Have you seriously been here full time?" She looks at me annoyed but all I can notice is not the annoyed expression on her face but her ocean eyes. "Why are you so annoyed?" I sarcastically say. "I don't know, maybe because I don't feel like getting woke up by your ass." she looks at me, grabs my cigarette and puts it out, "plus stop fucking smoking you are gonna die before you turn 20." She looks pissed off and its cute, she gets up giving me my air pod and she walks away i cant help but look at her ass, Fuck, I've fallen for her already.

Rylee Marigold POV:

I'm so annoyed right now. He was so nice in the dorm but whenever he's out of the dorm he's a dick. He could have just told me he was going out instead of me staying up waiting so he doesn't wake me up when he tries sneaking his loud ass in the dorm. I walk back into the dorm and I put some stuff away before I climb into my bed. I'm going to get a curtain to hide my side of the room. I grab my headphones and laptop, I place my headphones on and I put music on my laptop as I look through some of the notes Lorelai left me so I could catch up a bit. I skip past the French notes as my mother used to teach me French so I'm quite fluent. I continue going through my notes as my eyes slowly close, fighting the urge to fall asleep. I finally forfeit.

Dante Alejandro POV:

I think it's been another hour or so since Rylee found me, and put my cigarette out and made me fall even harder for her; it's like I've fallen and smacked my face onto the floor. That's how it feels falling for someone who is off limits, forbidden. Her picking up my cigarette and putting it out makes me want to quit smoking altogether just to make her look at me even if it's just once. I just need to see her ocean eyes again, it's like an addiction I'll never be able to control.

I get up, grabbing my jacket and walking inside. As I walk into the dorm and carefully shut it I notice Rylee is fast asleep. I walk over to her, turning her laptop off and carefully taking her headphones off. I place them both on charge on her desk so she isn't fucked for tomorrow because she'll end up needing them for classes or a free period. I cover her with her duvet. She looks so calm, like nothing in the world could hurt her. I walk over to my bed, taking my shirt off and putting it in my laundry pile. I quickly hide my cigarettes so no one can find them. I sit at my desk, looking over to Rylee and smile. She's gorgeous even when she's sleeping, she slowly stirs in her sleep. Shit. Have I woken her up? She keeps tossing and turning.

I get up, walking towards her she mumbles underneath her breath, "no. go away..!" I gently sit next to her trying to not startle her anymore than she already is. I slowly lay next to her, gently pulling her close to my chest. "It's okay Ry.. I've got you, no ones going to hurt you when I'm here." She slowly relaxes into my chest, like I was the knight in shining armour in her dream. I kept holding her close to my chest, not moving a muscle in case she wakes up. I gently start playing with her hair to keep her calm and it seems to work. She relaxes into my body like I am a pillow. She wakes up looking around terrified, she quickly sits up her body shaking her breathing unsteady I sit in front of her, gently holding both her hands in mine. "It's okay Ry, I've got you darling. You're okay, you're safe. I am here to protect you." She looks at me with her ocean eyes and they soon flood like a tsunami, waves crashing. "Breathe for me darling.." She slowly breathes in and out, sobs escaping her throat. "Keep breathing for me Ry.. You are doing so well.." her breathing slowly goes back to a normal pace each inhale and exhale. She lays her head on my chest, I gently hold her close, "You are safe in my arms darling.." I gently stroke her hair, trying to sooth her, trying to make her calm and safe. She calms down and she slowly relaxes against my body. "Go back to sleep, Ry. I'm going to be here for you." Her hands entwined with mine, I gently rub her hand with my thumb as I hold her close. She falls back asleep in my arms, I'm going to stay here holding her till she feels safe.

I slowly lie down, laying Rylee on my chest, covering her with a blanket, her body sinks into mine, her hand still tightly entwined with mine, I keep stroking her hair gently. I'm not gonna let her lay here alone when she is like this. I don't care if she's angry about it in the morning, I'm not leaving her alone when she is like that, never in a million years. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𝔄𝔲𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔯𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔢:

This chapter had me sobbing, crying. Hope you enjoyed it. Chapter 7 should be out soon! thank you for all the support ❤

--------> Instagram: s0phxxox

--------> Tiktok: s0phxxox + heartsfrom.soph