8

Excuse any mistakes:

Janet

Was it too soon? Should I have kissed?

Did I cross boundaries? Did I take advantage of her and the vulnerability of that moment?

So damn close Lawd we were so close.

I know I know. Her kiss was different though, and I've kissed many. It's just something about the way she eased into it, the way her hands gripped me, how her eyes looked into mines. She was ever so passionate as if she was gonna break me, she was careful with me and I never had that before.

We never had that before...

I sat and watched her play with my dog, she had already washed and fed him. I tried to apologize to him bout leaving him, but he acted as if he wanted nothing to do with me.

"Who's a handsome boy, yeah."  He finally looked at me wagging his tail.

"Hey mommies baby." He came getting in my lap licking my hand.

"You forgive me now." He laid his head in my lap placing his paw in my hand.

"He's a gorgeous dog."

"Thank you, say uh about what happened before heading over here—."

"I'm sorry, I just.. I lost self control for a moment. You're so beautiful and I hate hearing how your husband treated you. You need somebody that's gonna take care of you and treat you like the queen you are. You deserve love, so much of it that it runs over and I hope someday you find that all of that, find that person who completes you, who's willing to love you unconditionally.

"Toni?..." I looked up at her waiting for our eyes to meet.

"What if.. what if I found all of that already?"

"What you mean?"

"What if I found someone that treats me like a queen, willing to protect me. Someone that has so much love to give and is deserving of the same in return."

"Well I'd say let them know." I looked between her eyes and lips then leaned in.

"I'm letting them know right now.." I made my way on top of her easing her up out of her shirt.

"Don't be afraid to let your hands wander over me honey." She wrapped her arm around me ever so tightly, making sure I didn't go anywhere.

She got up with me on her proceeding to lay me down on the couch.

"So this is why I can't come see you huh? She's taken great care of me alright..."

"MOTHER! Learn to knock."

"Why do she can rape you?"

"Rape?! Oh mother that's too far. Toni I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Katherine and Toni shared eyes and I can tell you Toni eyes weren't saying nothing nice.

"That's right cause you know."

"And what do I know Katherine?" Her eyebrow rose anticipating my mother response. Myrtle mother sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes.

"Mother what is it that you want, honestly."

"To check up on you."

"You need to check in on the case you were suppose to file.. oh my bad you didn't."

"I'm working on it."

"Oh please the only thing you're working on is trynna kiss my ass for money."

"If it's money she wants how much you need?" Toni spoke.