I'm Never The One- Chapter 1

Kaitlyn's POV

"Katherine."

I stand face to face with a man dressed all in black. He must be confused. I turn around to make sure there is no one behind me. It's only the two of us. "No, um...I'm Kaitlyn."

"My bad. You just really remind me of someone I used to know. I'm Damon."

"Well, Damon, isn't it kind of creepy you're out here in the middle of nowhere?"

"Well...Kaitlyn, you're out here all by your lonesome."

"It's Mystic Falls, nothing bad ever happens here," I say, smiling slightly at Damon. He responds with a smirk.

I see him staring at my phone. He must have heard my conversation earlier. I bring my phone up, gesturing to it. "Got in a fight with my boyfriend," I explain awkwardly.

"About what, may I ask?"

"Life. He's got it all planned out."

"And you don't want it?" he asks.

"I don't know what I want."

"You want what everybody wants."

"Let me guess, a mysterious stranger who has all the answers I'm searching for?" I joke. "So, tell me, Damon. What exactly do I want?"

"You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure. And even a little danger."

"So, what do you want?" I question and then I hear a car horn. My parents. I feel Damon suddenly grasp my arm. I try to pull away, but he covers my mouth and tightens his grip. He pulls me into the nearby woods as my parents drive by searching for me. I try to yell for them, but I soon lose consciousness and black out.

I wake up with a massive headache. I'm on a couch in an unfamiliar house. Damon kidnapped me! Last time I trust random strangers I meet in the middle of nowhere. I take in my surroundings and see Damon arguing with someone in the kitchen.

I try to sit up, but my head is pounding. I let out a soft moan and suddenly Damon is kneeling at the side of the couch. How on earth did he just do that?

He brushes a strand of hair out of my eyes and places it behind my ear. "Are you okay?" he asks.

I shake my head. "Get...get away from me!" I slap his hand away and make a run for the door. I grasp the knob, but suddenly Damon is blocking my way. I hit his chest as hard as I can, but he doesn't even budge.

My head still aches and now my fists sting. Everything just hurts! I fall to the floor in defeat and sob. Damon sits down next to me and pulls me into his chest. I grasp his t-shirt and cry into his shoulder. I feel so safe as he strokes my hair comfortingly.

In that moment, I forgot that it was my kidnapper holding me. In that moment, being with him was the only thing that felt right.

I wake up again, but this time I'm not on a couch. I'm in a bed. I turn over so I'm on my side and scream. Damon is sleeping next to me! I roll off the bed and fall onto the floor. I look up and Damon is kneeling beside me looking concerned.

He helps me up so we are both sitting on the bed. I run my fingers through my hair as I look around the room. I'm so confused. Why am I here? Why did he kidnap me? Why is he so inhumanly fast? I turn to him and sigh deeply.

"What?" he asks grinning.

"What the hell is going on?" I ask bluntly.

He laughs, "Long story."

I stare at him expectantly.

"Well, let's see. Where to start?"

"How about why you took me prisoner?"

"Oh, yeah." He reaches in his back pocket and pulls out a photograph. He hands it to me and I gasp.

"Katherine."

"Yep. The one and only or so I thought," he says, gesturing to me and smirking widely.

"Well, my mind is officially blown. One more question and let me warn you it may be stupid."

"Shoot."

"When I woke up on the couch I saw you in the kitchen and then BAM!!! You were right beside me. What's up with that?"

Damon sighs heavily. "Please don't be scared, Kaitlyn." I watch as spidery, black veins creep their way down from under Damon's eyes. His eyes were also a blood red. I slowly reach my hand out and brush my fingers lightly over the veins.

Damon quickly grasps my arm stopping me and his mouth opens. I stare at pearly, white fangs. Damon's a vampire.