Someone loss

It was another day at TAP, the kids were in the classroom as Alma began to talk.

"Good morning, let's review the ambassador program. When the RDA discovered Pandora-"

"You can't discover something that was there all along" Aha'ri interrupted.

"Aha'ri, when we say discovered, we mean it was the first time humans came here" Alma said and continued talking.

"We realized that this was an opportunity to create beneficial relationships with the indigenous peoples" Alma said as Aha'ri began to hum a sarentu song.

"We created avatars like mine to help create relationships with the na'vi"

Ah'so looked down at her angtsìk carving while Alma was talking but still was paying attention.

"And when you graduate it will be your jobs as ambassadors to. Reach out to the na'vi clans, and to-" Alma was cut off by the sound of the door opening as Mercer and Harding walked in.

"Help us to..create those alliances" Alma continued as Ah'so hid her carving as quick as she could.

"Can, um, anyone tell me how that can be done?" Alma asked as she looked down at Aha'ri who was still humming "Aha'ri" she whispered in a stern like tone.

"The RDA can share there medicines, technologies and knowledge!" Teylan said "that's absolutely correct Teylan" Mercer said.

"Director Mercer, we have been going over TAP's mission as you requested" Alma said. "Why would Na'vi want to have alliances with you?" Aha'ri asked Mercer with a glare.

"Aha'ri-" Alma said so Aha'ri could keep quite "Alma" Mercer gave a tone that made Alma stand aside as he walked towards Aha'ri.

"You have no idea, what life is like out there, Aha'ri". "It's savage. We found you all as children after your clan abandoned you"

"We have given you a future- a purpose"

Aha'ri was still glaring at him "are clan would have never abandoned us, he's a liar".

"Sister, stop" Aha'ri's sibling said but that accidentally made them reveal the songcord that was in there hand.

Mercer walked up to them "I allowed you to keep that dirty trinket under the condition it remained in your bunk, hm? Hand it over" he extended his arm out so Aha'ri's sibling could give him the songcord.

But Aha'ri jumped over her desk and got the songcord then gripped Mercer's wrist. "It was are mothers, it's not a dirty trinket, you don't even know what a songcord is".

"Aha'ri, it's just a broken string, I know this is difficult for you, but you have to accept your mother abandon you" Mercer said looking up at Aha'ri.

"Liar!" That made everyone gasp as Aha'ri let go of his wrist. Mercer looked at Aha'ri and her sibling with a stern look "you all know the rules: No physical contact".

"No dinner for many of you" he said walking away "director Mercer, sir" Teylan said but was cut off by Mercer slamming the desk.

___________________________________________________________________________

Night was here and everyone was asleep. But not for long since everyone was woken up to the sound of Nor having a nightmare.

"Nor? Nor, wake up" Aha'ri said and that made him jolt up "we're with you, it's ok". Ah'so looked up at him with worry.

"I dreamt it again, the night they took us..." Nor said then Teylan kicked the top bunk "your supposed to be speaking English on base".

Nor got down from his bunk "when you cry out at night Teylan, you cry out in Na'vi!" He yelled and shoved him and Teylan shoved him then Nor shoved him again.

Ri'nela broke it up "why do you always take Mercer's side?" Aha'ri asked. "Director Mercer saved us" Teylan answers and Nor pushed him and hissed at him. Teylan glared at him and Ri'nela hissed at Nor to make them stop.

Teylan pushed Ri'nela out of the way when he got off his bunk and whimpered in sadness. "Teylan, they took us from are families. We are saplings cut from are roots, we may not ever where we're from but we can still grow- out there, on Pandora" Aha'ri said crouching beside him.

"I can't even remember the words of are clan songs anymore" Nor said as the others went over. "We can sing them, even without words" Aha'ri said gently taking Teylan's hand humming the same tune she hummed earlier today.

"We can't let them strip the Na'vi out of us, we have to do something before it's too late" Ri'nela said. Aha'ri spoke "we are stronger than them now, I felt it in the classroom with Mercer, we can end this tonight, I have an idea".

___________________________________________________________________________

Teyaln was using a screwdriver to hack the door.

"We are going home" Aha'ri smiled. A few more seconds and Traylan successfully hacked the door "good job Teyaln" Aha'ri said as the door opened "now we have to hurry, we only have a a few minutes breathing their air before we're gonna need masks".

Everyone had hopeful looks on there faces, they were finally gonna get out of here, Ah'so held her carving with excitement.

Unfortunately tho it was put to a stop when the lights turned on then Mercer and Harding along with a few other soldiers appeared "we found them".

"I'm every disappointed in you" Mercer said to the group "we have given you this privileged life, and you wanna throw it all away".

"We don't want your "privileged life" we belong out there!" Aha'ri shouted "no, you belong to us!" Mercer yelled.

He walked up to Aha'ri "you can not fathom how much we have invested in you? Hm?" Mercer looked over the kids "we saved you, gave you a home, an identity".

"We already had an identity, we are Na'vi" Aha'ri said "No! You are what I made you!" Mercer yelled.

Aha'ri held onto the songcord gently and started to sing the tune of the sarentu song. "We may not remember the words- but we can still sing the songs of our people" Nor said talking Aha'ri's hand.

Nor and Aha'ri's sibling started to sing too. "Stop singing!" Mercer glared but they didn't stop, Ri'nela took Nor's hand and joined in too, then Ah'so took Ri'nela's hand singing.

"I said shut up, stop singing!" Mecer's tone got louder. They still didn't stop singing then Aha'ri stoped "we are going home. We are going home".

Aha'ri walked past Mecer "I'm warning you Aha'ri, not another step!" Mecer threatened.

"Come on, Teylan, let's go home" Aha'ri's sibling offers there hand to him "STOP RIGHT THERE!" Mecer shouted from the background as Teylan took the young sarentu's hand.

The loud sound of a gun went off which mad everyone stop "Aha'ri!" Her sibling cried out and ran to her.

They knelt beside her now dead body and everyone else knelt down too "what did you do?!" Nor yelled at Mecer.

The young Sarentu cried stroking Aha'ri's face, Ah'so had tears welled up in her eyes now as did everyone else. "No, no, no" the young sarentu cried then saw as there mothers songcord was picked up by Mercer.

They just looked away and looked down at there sister again "Aha'ri, no" they began to cry harder and so did the other kids.

This night would have been the night they could of escaped, but now it's a night of grief and pain as the crying started to sound more hurt at every second.

They will never forget this night.