14 | GRADUATION PARTY

I was walking by the ponds with Embry, Bella and Jake as we were spending the day with them

We invited them to the fake graduation party to be nice. I didn't expect them to come.

"Can we talk?" Jake asks me and I nod before we separate from the group.

We walk a bit further away before he stops me. "So what's up?" I ask him.

"I'm in love with you" he blurts and my eyes widen.

"Jake.."

"So is Embry, Quil too. They've learnt to live with the pain of not being able to even shoot their shot with you but I won't Izzy, I love you" he steps forward and I take a step back.

"Jacob.. I love you.. but only as a friend, a brother. And you know that. I can't just leave all my mates for you Jake" I sigh.

"But you can. I know you Iris, you love your mates but you want something else. Something you will only find in me" he grabs my hand and places it on his heart.

"Hear that? A heart, a beating one. Blood, flesh and warmth. Things they don't have"

I rip my hand out of his.

"But I love them, and I will continue to love them no matter what you say or do Jacob Ephraim Black, you cannot change that!" I scold him.

"Iris, you don't know what you're saying! Their vampires, cold and vile beings" he grabs me.

"Jacob.. let me go"

"Not until you say you love me"

"Jake, please" My voice cracks a bit.

He lets me go and I simply walk away, away from both groups and back to Emily's place.

☆☆☆

"Hey, you good?" Emily asks as I enter the house. I ignore her and the guys and rush into the bathroom.

I lock the door and sit on the floor and sigh as I begin to think and think and think..

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I look to the door as the knocking continue.

"Izzy, it's us" I hear Seth's voice but I stay silent.

"We just wanna know what happened" Jared states.  "Please come out" Quil adds.

"I just wanna be alone guys, please?" I say meekly.

"Five minutes is all we offer then it's either you come out or we're coming in" Paul says before I hear their footsteps walking away.

I sigh and stand up. I unlock the door and walk over before sitting down at a table with Paul and Jared.

"You okay?" Emily walks up to me and I nod with a reassuring smile. "Wanna talk about it?" She asks and I shake my head.