A day together

When I returned home, I am again tackled by Yukari who, with Mom, proceeds to ask me a bajillion questions. Apparently Saori already posted about "a date with my boyfriend" and now I'm stuck answering questions for about ten minutes before Dad decides to break it up.

Yukari follows me to my room, teasing me with questions.

Yukari - "So when are you two going out again?"

"Tomorrow."

Yukari - "Where?"

"To the tree."

Yukari - "Ooh, she's that special?"

"Are you gonna keep teasing me?"

Yukari - "Only until dinner."

Dinner was normal but Mom made sure I knew to buy flowers for Saori. Then I realized that I barely knew anything about her. I'll make sure we get to know each other better tomorrow.

I have trouble sleeping that night feeling nervous about tomorrow. In the morning I'm awoken by Yukari barging into my room.

Yukari - "Wake up sleepy head!"

"It's too early for this."

Yukari - "You got lucky I was out before your first date, but I'm here now and I'm going to get you ready."

"Oh no."

Yukari spends the next few hours making sure I was perfect for her friend. Making sure I showered, brushed my teeth, wore my best clothes, etcetera, etcetera. She had me brush my teeth for so long to make them super white but I think it backfired once my gums started bleeding.

When it was time for Yukari to leave she gave me a kind look that scared me to death. Like her look was telling me "this date better be perfect or you're gonna wish you never met her."

I text Saori about when we should meet up and where. She responds almost instantly, "we could meet up at the park at 2:00PM."

I tell her to wear normal clothes, nothing too nice. I change into normal clothes too, but still nice enough.

For some reason I feel extra nervous before going to see Saori. There's this weird feeling in my stomach and I have to push myself to leave.

I make sure to get more flowers before meeting with her. I end up arriving early because I was too scared to arrive late. Eventually we find each other and Saori runs up to be but trips on a rock.

Saori - "Oww"

"Are you okay?"

Saori - "Yeah, but I hit my face in the ground."

I help Saori up and brush the dirt off her face. "Good thing I told you to wear normal clothes."

Saori - "Haha yeah." Saori laughs off her embarrassment before jumping to face me and pointing to me. "You said you'd take me to a tree!"

Caught off guard, "Y-yeah, I will, but how about some ice cream for your fall?"

Saori lights up at the mention of ice cream, "Okay!"

We walk to an ice cream shop, with Saori refusing to let go of my arm. When we arrived we ordered our ice cream and had a good conversation.

Saori - "So why do you want to show me the his tree?"

"It's a special tree to me and my sister. It was always a place we ran off to, and it has an amazing view."

Saori - "Really? What kind of view?"

"Of the ocean and the stars, but we'll have to wait till it gets dark before we can see the stars."

Saori - "But that's not for another few hours!"

"Then let's find something to do together while we wait."

Saori - "can we go to the mall together?" She smiles brightly thinking about shopping together.

"Sure, while we're there we could catch a movie to pass the time. You can pick."

Saori - "Sure, but I want you to pick. I want to get to know you better."

"Funny, that exactly why I wanted you to pick."

Saori - "Well you're picking. I don't care what movie."

"How about we both agree on a movie and next time we can both choose a movie and see them both."

Saori - "Alright then let's go pick a movie." Saori takes my hand and happily walks towards the mall.