Tired lieutenant and her hype dog

Lute was sitting on a chair with her  clipboard, of course, doing some paperwork shit due to upcoming extermination. Adam right next to her with an arm around her shoulder, his chin on it too— watching Lute write.

"Hey, danger tits? What's with the "I'm ignoring Adam" attitude, huh?"
Adam asked, raising his eyebrows teasingly, which made Lute roll her eyes.

Lute continues writing, without even glancing at Adam while doing it.

"Reports from the last extermination, sir. I'm almost finished."

Lute murmured, writing swiftly on her clipboard.

Adam leaned in, trying to make out what that sexy lady was writing on her clipboard, and the best part was that she was probably too busy to even notice.

Adam chuckled and sighed, stretching his arm out,
"Chillaaax babes— why don't you take a break? We got nothing going on right now anyway."

"Sir, the extermination is in less than a month. We need to be prepared, which means I have a lot on my back. You could do something productive as well."Lute said, her eyelid twitching, she's obviously pissed and too tired for that shit. She's grumpy, gripping the pen in her hand as if she's about to stab Adam in both eyes.

Adam laughed, amused by her response,
"Come on, babe— a break won't kill you. And we already have everything in check for the extermination. If you're so stressed out, then why don't I take over and you go... I dunno... Get a massage? Take a bath? Go to a spa? Whatever ladies do when they need to relax."

Lute frowned and pinched the bridge of her nose with a big annoyed and tired sigh. She just rolled her eyes, having to resist her urge to stab him with her pen.

"Breaks are for pussies. I'm the lieutenant, I take care of shit and move things, no time for breaks."Lute said, as stoic as always, as she continued to scribble something on her clipboard. But it's clear that she's really exhausted,  looks like she's going to pass out, but she still keeps working stubbornly.

Adam laughed even more at Lute's stubborn response, taking the clipboard from her and tossing it across the room,
"Stop being such a hardass, babe! It's cute how you try to act all cold and tough, but I know you really need a break. So go on... Take a break... Now! And that's an order."

Lute groaned unhappily, glancing at her clipboard, which was now thrown across the room by Adam.
"Yes, sir...I guess you're right....And what am I supposed to do? Are you going to force me to watch that cringy, awful drama show again?"
Lute said, crossing her arms on her chest grumpily, she knows Adam too well.

Adam smiled, "Of course!"
He grabbed Lute's hands and dragged her away from her chair, carrying the flustered lady into his arms,
"We're gonna watch it together, and you're going to enjoy it. No more excuses."
With that, Adam took Lute to the couch and sat her down, turning on the television and changing it to the show Lute hates, but he loves. He sat next to her and grinned widely as the drama began.

Lute blushed slightly as Adam carried her and sighed tiredly, crossing her arms as he forced her to sit on the couch and watch that damn drama."Fine..."Lute murmured and watched the drama, sitting close to Adam.

As the drama unfolded, Adam turned and smiled at Lute, noticing her tired, yet cute, expression. He scooted closer to her and put his arm around her, giving her a playful squeeze. Without even realizing it, he started unconsciously playing with a strand of her hair, stroking it softly.

Lute's head gently dropped onto Adam's shoulder, she found it quite comfortable. It wasn't unusual for them to be so close, they are basically friends, Lute never left his side unlike many people. The lieutenant wasn't a fan of hugs or physical affection, but she didn't mind Adam hugging her or caressing her hair.

Adam smiled softly, noticing how comfortable Lute seemed to be. It was a rare sight to see the lieutenant so content and relaxed. He gave her a light squeeze, knowing how stressed out she was, and began stroking her hair a little more, trying to soothe her. He continued to pay attention to the drama, although the real entertainment was right next to him.

It didn't take long until Lute fell asleep in Adam's arms, she must have been exhausted. Her legs gently rested on Adam's lap, her head peacefully laying on his chest. Lute is so small in comparison to him, it was just the cutest thing.

Adam couldn't help the smile that spread across his face as he saw Lute fall asleep into his arms with her head resting on his chest. She looked so peaceful, so small and fragile compared to him. He gently caressed the back of her head with his hand, wanting to make her as comfortable as possible. He was glad that he had been able to make her feel better and soothe her tired body.

.

.

.

[HIII alrighty this is my first one-shot in a long, long time. I know it's pretty damn short but I'll try to make longer ones in the future :D]
Also- this is before Adam's oopsie death cause I know yall are delulu af (same)

Art on the top of the chapter credit: @ovisghost on twitter!
(check out their profile :D)