~Chapter Twenty-One~

Alex sat on the hard ground, leaning against the wall. She was waiting for Sam to wake up so she could explain the situation to him. They had to chain him down.

He groaned, sitting up and tugging at the cuffs.

"We had to. The demon blood was flinging you all around the room." She said, standing up and walking over to her older brother.

"The point?" Sam asked. "How about stop the damn apocalypse?"

"Sam?"

"Leave me alone." He said, laying back down. "Leave me alone, Dean."

She grabbed his arm, leaning over him.

"Sam, whatever you're seeing right now isn't real! It's me-"

He flinched, pain cross g his face as his eyes stating wattering.

"I'm not a monster, Dean. Don't say that to me. Don't you say that to me."

Alex released her brother, shock crossing her expression. She stood up straight and stared at the ground.

"Get some rest..." She muttered.

She then walked out of the room, closing amd locking the door behind her.

~~

Alex watched as Sam walked up the stairs, Cas closing the panic room door behind him.

She grabbed his arm as he teleported to the docks.

"How could you?" She demanded, releasing the angel.

"I was following orders. You should know that."

"Orders?" Alex scoffed. "You can't be thinking this is actually righteous."

She caught a glimpse of his face, it was twisted and worried.

"Cas. This feeling you're having right now. It's called doubt."

"I know." He responded, facing her but looking past her. "She already explained."

"What-?"

"Cad. What did you do?" Anna asked.

"Anna. You shouldn't have come." He answred.

Two more angels appeared next to the said girl.

Cas turned away. There was a bright light, and then the three of them were gone.

Cas then looked back at Alex.

"You shouldn't have come either."

"What? Cas, please. Answer me. What's going on-"

Cas stayed silent. Instead of responding, he placed a hand on the girls cheek, sorrow crossing his expression.

The two were suddenly in a new room, the walls were white with golden trim. There were old decorations of angels.

"I'm sorry." His gravely voice murmured.

Alex could tell now that he did understand most human emotions. Including being sorry.

She raised her hand and grazed her fingers over the man's knuckles, but then another force caught at her wrist, also grasping the other one.

Cas removed his hand while the girl looked down at her wrists in shock. They were bound by bulky cuffs, a long chain connecting them.

There were carvings in the cuffs as well, Alex assumed they were Enochian.

"Hello, Alexandria." A familiar voice rang.

"Zachariah." She spat as she looked up at the angel. "Dean hasn't stabbed you in the face yet?"

She then realized it was him who cuffed her. Cas lead the girl into a trap. She glared hard at Cas, who wasn't looking at her. Then she looked back at Zachariah

"Settle down." Zachariah continued. "We're all on the same side."

"This is supposed to show that?" She asked, raising her hands slightly to show off the new accessory.

"Insurance, my dear. They're warded so none of your Nephilim powers will work now."

"What is this about?"

"The apocalypse."

"Isn't Dean supposed to be killing Lilith to stop it?"

"Your brothers had a.. falling out. Sam is playing his part, but Dean.. That's what you're here for."

Alex grabbed the angel by the collar of his shirt.

"What are you planning?"

Zachariah smirked.

Alex was then left alone in the room, clutching nothing but the air now.