part 10 - i'm really, really sorry

« 💔 »

" LILY! " Haewon shouted, " LILY, STOP RUNNING! "

She shouted again, hoping Lily would hear her.

The rain showered down on her, soaking her hair as she ran after Lily with her letter still in Haewon's hands. She had just came back home from the last little work she had to do at work. And at home on the dinning table, there was a note. Haewon looked around and realised Lily wasn't home.

flashback

Haewon enthusiastically unlocked her door as she opened it. Haewon can't wait to spend time with Lily, she's been waiting all day, but unfortunately she had to clean up some extra things at work before she could come home. Luckily enough, the work is finally finished so Haewon is able to go back home with Lily.

" Lily! " Haewon shouted, looking around for her, " Babyy? "

She was confused, was Lily not home?

Haewon walked inside her house and closed the door, dropping her bag on the floor. Rushing to find Lily. But no matter how hard she tried to look, it didn't seem like she was home. Haewon grabbed her phone from her bag and called Lily.

ring! ring!

After a few tries, it doesn't seem like Lily was going to pick up anytime soon. Haewon sighed as she sat on the dining table. But suddenly she realised there was a little note written by Lily on the dining table.

" What's this..? " She quietly muttered, " I'm sorry... I think you already know what this means... " Haewon slowly read the letter, " From the worse person ever, Lily... "

She looked at the letter again and again. Repeating it in her head, hoping the words would eventually change. Hoping that she read the entire thing wrong. But it didn't change, she didn't read it wrong. She knew what it meant, but Haewon was in denial.

" No, no, no, no... " Haewon muttered as panic began to pour over her body. Her eyes start trembling, her heart start burning and her vision becoming blurry.

end of flashback

" LILY! LILY JIN PARK MORROW! PLEASE, TALK TO ME! " Haewon shouted, tears already streaming, flowing, running down her cheeks rapidly. Her chest rising up and down from her breathing heavily, " PLEASE! " But Lily wouldn't stop running away.

Haewon shouted louder and louder until she realised it was useless, " LILY! Lily... Why? "

Lily stopped upon not hearing Haewon's pleas anymore. She turned around with her eyes also filled with tears already.

" It's useless for you to chase me, Haewon! " Lily shouted from a distance, " I-I don't hate you, it's not your fault! I just hate myself... I need sometime alone, Haewon! "

" W-We c-can work this out, Lily! I'll wait however long you need- " Haewon begged, " Just- please stay! "

" I'm sorry... I'M SORRY! " Lily shouted, " You shouldn't cry over me, you're better than this! You deserve someone better... "

Haewon breathed slowly. Accepting the fact Lily's done, Lily broke up with her and there's nothing she can do. She kneel down crying, breaking down. Her body trembling from her sadness. Haewon sobbed loudly, it could be heard from even a mile away. Her head buried in her knees and her arms wrapping around her knees.

" L-L-Lily... " Haewon muttered.

Haewon fell on her knees, tears streaming down her face, blending in with the raindrops that fell from the sky. Her heart ached with broken love. The world around her seemed to fade into a blur, and her thoughts all being the memories Lily and her had shared, how happy they previously were.

It had been an amazing experience, an amazing adventure, one that Haewon would sacrifice everything she has just to re-live it again. They laughed together, shared dreams and secrets, and showed their love with a fierce passion. But love, like life, could be unpredictable, and Haewon found herself standing at the tip of heartbreak.

As the rain grew stronger, Haewon's tears mingled with the raindrops, reflecting the pain she felt. She curled her trembling fingers around the letter.

The memories came back flooding in, a montage of kisses, warm cuddles or hugs, and lovely adventures. Haewon had found the warmth of her girlfriend, Lily's embrace, and now that warmth had disappeared, leaving her feeling empty and lost. She wondered what had gone wrong, searching for answers in her mind.

Did Haewon failed to see signals or did she just suddenly stopped loving her?

Slowly, Haewon rose from the wet, rocky ground, wiping away the remaining of her tears. Walking away, accepting the fact Lily doesn't like her anymore. Something she's going to have to live with for the rest of her life.

——

OOP- and end !!

let's give it lots of love !!

🤗🤗🤗

[ the fact this was posted on haewon's birthday 😭 ]