part 9 - my letter

« 💔 »

My love, my baby, my dream girl, my one and only, Oh Haewon.

Throughout these past days, there's been somethings running across my head. I can't really explain it, express it, or tell you the pain. But you need to know that I'm extremely sorry and I love you.

You may never see me again, and that's okay. You may be my entire world, but I'm definitely not your entire world. There's better things out there.

Things better than me.

For the past week, my heart's been turning on me. My feelings aren't the same as yours anymore.

I love you, I really do. I very much adore you. But I need you to understand, the love I have for you have changed.

I think you already know what this means.

I'm sorry.

— the worst person ever, Lily

As a drop of tear fell down from her eyes, landing on the dinning table where they used to sit at every single night. Where they would chat about their day, eat delicious dinner as they would look at each other lovingly.

Lily sniffled, " I'm sorry, Haewonnie. " Leaving the note, she left the house. Leaving Haewon all together.

She didn't know why and when she started to fall out of love. It just happened. Lily tried to keep it a secret for the past month but she couldn't anymore. She didn't love Haewon the same way and didn't feel comfortable around her. All the hugs, kisses, and snuggles weren't genuine anymore.

She didn't know what was wrong with her. Lily wasn't attracted to another person, but she simply just lost interest in Haewon.

" The day you plan to propose to me, I'll stop you before you can. Cause I wanna do it. " Haewon smiled, " I promise you I'll propose soon! In a blink of an eye, you'll realise I'm that I'm your wife. "

That day at the beach, that's what Haewon said to her. She would keep reminding Lily about that. About how she would be the first and only person to marry her.

Lily didn't want to, but she couldn't help herself but to just break up with Haewon.

All these years, 25 years together, they're finally apart. No longer together.

Opening the door with regret and a feeling of not wanting to leave, she left. Forcing herself to step out of the same doorway they would walk pass whenever they're going out for a date, or just going anywhere in general.

Leaving the bedroom they slept together every single night. All the time they cuddled with each other, all the time they kissed each other on the bed, all the time they admired each other lovingly at night.

Leaving the dinning table where Lily would put down delicious dinner for the both of them to enjoy. All the time Lily would look at Haewon in the eyes, admiring her as she blabbers about her work day. All the time when Haewon would stuff food in her mouth and wouldn't stop because that's just how good Lily's cooking was.

Leaving the whole house where lots of memories were made, some happy, some sad. But nonetheless, they all included one special person, Haewon. That person who made Lily feel pumped up each time she was too tired to go to work, the person who comforted Lily when she was feeling down, and most importantly the person who made Lily feel loved.

Leaving all of these things was hard for Lily. But she has no choice. Her heart is forcing her to do this, she can't do anything else.