Part 10

Interrupted by the sound of a seagull, I turned my head towards the balcony and saw a seagull that had landed on it. It was trying to eat my plants that I had arranged in some pots. I waved my hands and made some noise, hoping to scare off the seagull, but it ignored me. It just kept pecking at the leaves and flowers. I opened the door and stepped onto the balcony. I shouted at the seagull and clapped my hands loudly. The seagull finally flew away, leaving some feathers and dirt behind. I sighed and looked at my plants. They were damaged and wilted.

After getting rid of the annoying seagull, I leaned over the balcony. And observed the city.The sea was a dazzling blue, with waves breaking on the sandy shore. The sun cast its golden rays on the water, making it shimmer like precious stones. The sky was a clear and deep blue, with wisps of white clouds floating on it. The air was crisp and briny, with a soft breeze caressing my face.

I saw several boats gliding on the sea, some large and some small. They looked like miniature models from my vantage point. I wondered about their destinations and their passengers. I also saw a flock of seagulls soaring in the air, making their raucous calls. They seemed to enjoy their freedom and happiness.

I felt a surge of awe and admiration for this view. It was so splendid and natural. It was nearly 10 o'clock and one of my notes on the wall of the living room reminded me that today was Paving Garden coffee shop day.

That note left me in a quandary. Should I go to the Pavilions Garden? Or should I call Barry to discuss my The current situation I'm trying to figure out why I am like this. I considered the possibilities. If I go to the Pavillion Cafe Shop, I'll drink some coffee, perhaps some lunch while visiting my nerosjit Barry. I could ask additional questions about myself. I'm not sure which probably was asked, perhaps Huderest times or so. But I had a better idea. I would call Barry and ask him to meet at the Pavilion garden.

I grabbed my phone and quickly found Barry Brown's name on the contact list. I pressed the call button and waited nervously. Barry picked up after three rings.

"Hi, Barry," I said, trying to sound calm. "I need to talk to you. It's important. You're my neurologist, right? My notes say I can call you anytime."

There was a brief silence. I heard some papers shuffling. He was probably looking at his schedule. He had an appointment with me tomorrow.

"Mike, I'm sorry, but I'm very busy today. Can't this wait until tomorrow?" he said.

"No, it can't. Please, Barry, I need your help. Something's wrong with me. I don't remember anything."

He sighed. "Okay, okay. Look, I have a lunch break in an hour. Do you know the Pavilion Garden? It's a coffee shop near my office."

I shook my head, then realised he couldn't see me. "No, I don't. But I can look it up online."

"Good. Meet me there in an hour. And bring your blue notebooks. Especially book zero. They might have some clues."

"Okay, I will. Thank you, Barry."

I hung up and opened the web browser on my phone. I searched for the Pavilion Garden and found the address.

I packed my blue notebooks, book zero, and a pen in a bag. I threw the bag over my shoulder and ran out of the house. I didn't want to be late.

As I waited for the lift, I looked around the hallway and admired the exquisite decor. After about a minute, the lift door opened, showing a young couple inside. They grinned at me, and I smiled back, entering the lift with them. I wondered why they were smiling at me. Did they recognise me, or was it just an act of courtesy?

"Hi, good morning," I initiated, aiming to engage in light conversation. "It's shaping up to be a great day; not a single cloud in sight."

They shared a quick, uncertain look, perhaps puzzled by my presence. "Indeed, it does seem like a promising day," the man responded, his tone upbeat yet cautious as he instinctively drew the woman closer.

Curious, I contemplated probing with questions such as, "Do you live in this building? Have we crossed paths before? What exactly is this place?" However, their evident hesitation to continue the conversation led me to refrain from pressing further. Choosing to respect their privacy, I redirected my attention to the elevator floor, silently awaiting our arrival at the designated floor.

When the doors open, they hurry out as if they're late for an important appointment, exiting the building without looking back. I wait a few moments before following, not wanting to give the impression that I'm following them. Finally, I pass through the glass doors, leaving the tall, white building called Sussex Heights behind, as indicated by the golden lettering on the dark green carpet lining the narrow corridors.

As soon as I stepped outside, I felt a change in the atmosphere. The air was fresh and crisp, filled with the scent of flowers and grass. The sun was shining brightly, warming my skin and lifting my spirits. The street was lined with trees, their leaves rustling in the breeze. The houses were charming and elegant, each with its own style and personality. The gardens were colourful and inviting, bursting with life and beauty.

I saw children playing happily in their yards, their laughter ringing in the air. I saw neighbours chatting warmly with each other, their faces friendly and relaxed. I saw dogs running and barking, their tails wagging and tongues lolling. I saw birds singing and flying, their feathers gleaming and wings flapping.

I smiled, feeling a sense of wonder and joy. I walked along the street, enjoying the sights and sounds. I didn't know where I was, or where I was going, but I didn't care. I was just happy to be alive, and to be part of this wonderful world.