Bella seemed a bit uncomfortable, but not really displeased to be there. Probably being with Edward was more than enough. However, Edward only directed murderous glares at his brother, who didn't let go of Devon and kept his arms around him.

"So...," Jessica broke the tense atmosphere, "are you two already... dating?" The question was directed at Devon and Ronan.

Both guys looked at each other while everyone else focused on them. Edward clenched his fists for a moment, but quickly relaxed.

"No," they said in unison, quite calmly.

"We're just friends," Ronan added this time.

Devon let out a small laugh while pushing Ronan.

"Yeah. Just friends," he emphasized the last word.

Jessica furrowed her brow but nodded slowly.

"And... do you only like men, or also women?" She asked Ronan with a slightly hopeful tone.

Ronan looked at Devon's lips before answering and then looked at Jessica with a rather flirtatious smile.

"My mother taught me to enjoy everything," he murmured with a smile.

Everyone noticed how Jessica's face turned an intense shade of red. Devon gave Ronan a gentle chest punch.

"Don't tease Jess," Devon said, taking Ronan's chin to make him look at him.

Before Ronan could say anything, Alice and Jasper returned with the tickets.

"The show starts in twenty minutes. We have enough time to go buy some candy before going in."

The whole group entered the candy store, where they stood looking at the list of prices and available products, deciding what to buy. In the end, Ronan, Jasper, and Mike formed a smaller line to avoid crowding.

"We're going to the bathroom," Angela said, approaching Bella with Jessica. "Care to join us?"

Bella quickly glanced at Edward, but nodded and went with them.

"Are you coming, Alice?" Bella asked.

"Sure."

All the girls left, leaving the three guys in a rather uncomfortable and strange atmosphere.

"I... I'll go to the bathroom too," Eric said, not waiting for an answer, and ran off.

Devon wanted to sigh, although he had no need to do so, but simply focused on looking at the extremely interesting, stain-covered carpet.

"Just friends, huh?" Edward couldn't take it anymore, and the words simply came out of his mouth.

Devon looked him directly in the eyes with a mix of annoyance and confusion.

"Yeah. Ronan and I are just friends."

Edward clenched his teeth for a moment, but quickly relaxed.

"Doesn't look like it," he muttered, and almost sounded annoyed, "you seem to get along much better than you say."

Devon let a small smile show as he shrugged.

"And you seem too jealous to have a girlfriend. I remind you that I'm a free man and can be with whoever I want and kiss whoever I please. I really don't understand what exactly bothers you, that I go out with someone, or that I go out with your brother," he crossed his arms, "besides, you and I were never anything, and I mean it when I say I don't know what bothers you."

Edward didn't know what else to say. He had no words because it was true that he had no right to claim anything. Not when he made the decision to stay with Bella.