She pulled back for a moment keeping him at arms reach, Azalea raised her fist and punched Percy in the shoulder causing him to grab onto it in pain. "You little fucker, why would you do that." They locked eyes a deep red blush rising to her cheeks she was mad so mad he could of died. Percy winced at her angry tone.

"Oh my god, you could of died." Her worry radiated of her, she closed the gap between them pulling the boy back into a tight hug.

"I'm okay flower girl." One of Percy's hands moved to her middle back. She had her arms rapped around him when she felt him move his head a little. "I'm sorry for shoving you on the stairwell as well. Even hearing myself say that sounds really bad, but I just I knew you guys would never agree and there wasn't enough time." Percy told Grover and Annabeth as they made their way to where Azalea was still hugging Percy. The short girl slowly moved away realizing that she had probably been hugging him for to long, Annabeth walked up and gave him a hug as well but pulled away much quicker then Azalea.

"So you're not as dead as we thought you'd be." Grover said,

"Surprise." Percy looked to the blonde next to him who was messing around with her blue zip up that was now soaked from when she had been clinging on to him. "What happened."

"Short version, we need to go to Santa Monica."

"I've been there." Azalea commented.

"What like now." Grover uttered.

"My father's gonna meet me there. He's gonna help us." He breathed.

"Okay just one problem with this plan, the police think that we crashed an Amtrak train. And then did that." Grover pointed to the arch that was sprawling black smoke.

"The cops are after us."

"Yeah." The saytr replied.

"Isn't that gonna make it hard for us to get on a train? Or a bus, or really anything you need tickets for."

"Oh one hundred percent." Azalea stated the obvious.

—— AZALEA WISHED SHE was more in shape, at camp the most she would do is train in archery and sit around doing nothing. She never cared to be active like some of the kids the blonde knew that would go on runs around camp just for the fun of it, if Azalea was being honest she would rather die then get any type of exercise in. That's why in the moment Azalea felt like her feet were falling off, this was probably the longest she had walked in over a year and it was killing her.

The short girls pace was slow falling a few steps behind Percy, Grover and Annabeth lost in her thought like she always was. While the three chatted ahead she thought about the fates and the fact they had cut a string right in front of their faces. First they would be betrayed now someone will die, why couldn't the gods give them a break.

"Hey guys, I think this quest might be harder than we thought." Birds chirp in the background. "I've been thinking."

"That's new."  Nagged Azalea, very grumpy from all the walking she was doing. Percy turned his head and side eyed her deciding to ignore her remark and negative attitude. "I didn't steal the master bolt, you guys didn't steal the master bolt. Were pretty sure Hades has the master bolt but he couldn't have stolen it himself. I mean we don't even know who actually stole the thing, or why or how deep this goes." Percy looked at both of his friends next to him. "Im the last person to realize this aren't I?"

"Yeah." Annabeth nodded.

"Okay so... maybe when we started my head wasn't fully in this. But since the river it feels different somehow. He saved me, I guess I just really never thought that's something he'd do for me. So maybe I gotta take things more seriously now." Azalea brushed her finger through her hair trying to get the knots out while listening to the boy in front of her.