𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒅𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒂 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒚

𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒅
𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆.
                    ___ 𝓭𝓸𝔀𝓷 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓰𝓱

This chapter contains sexual harassment near the end, please read at your own discretion.

CHUCK NOTICED THE WAY IVANNA WAS STARING AROUND THE GLADE. It seemed she was thinking of something or something was on her mind by the way she was fiddling with her fingers. He made his way over to her, a bit concerned since he almost never saw her without a smile on her face. Chuck nudges her arm causing her to glance over at him. "Are you okay?" He asks curiously. Ivanna just sighs as she rubs a hand over her face.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Ivanna responds. Chuck just shrugs his shoulders a little bit.

"You just seem on edge." Chuck admits. Ivanna puts a smile on her face as she looks back at the boy. She didn't want him to worry about her.

"I'm fine, Chuck. Promise." She assures him. Chuck didn't seem to believe her, especially with the way the others had been staring at her over the past week.

"Is someone giving you a hard time?" Chuck asks. He knew she should tell Alby or Newt if there was. Because Alby made it very clear that no one was to mess with her.

"I should be asking you that, Greenie." Ivanna tells him with a small laugh, ruffling his hair a bit. Chuck smiles softly but it disappears after a moment.

"They talk about you." He admits. Ivanna knew that, she wasn't deaf nor blind. She saw the way they looked at her, the hushed whispers when she walked by. It made her feel so uncomfortable and in a vulnerable state.

"And what do they say?" She asks in a teasing manner but she was really curious as to what Chuck had overheard.

"They talk about you like you're just..." Chuck trails off, his eyes moving to the ground. Ivanna clenches her jaw slightly as she looks toward where the group of boys were by the meeting hut.

"An object?" She finishes for him and Chuck just nods his head. Ivanna sighs, nudging him a bit. "I don't really pay attention to what they say. There a bunch of shuckheads anyways." Ivanna says with a smile growing on her face. Chuck returns it.

"Newt always tells them off if he hears them." Chuck tells her. Ivanna couldn't help but broaden her smile as she hears that. Newt always looked out for her and it made her heart swoon.