It wasn't long before he was released, and they were now standing at the edge of the pool.

"Dude- you have no idea" hiccup "how happy I am" hiccup "to see you."

Levi smiled for a moment, his eyes meeting Stiles'.

Honey mixed with caramel swirls... Happy mixed with sad... Fear mixed with care.

It didn't take long to become absolutely enthralled in them, and Levi found it impossible to turn away.

The fuzzing feeling in his head grew stronger, and he couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a distraction or a warning, but all he could do was think about how nice his eyes were.

A laugh fell from his lips.

Then Stiles started laughing.

And they both laughed together until they were sat on the concrete clutching their stomachs in pain.

And Levi's head was on Stiles' legs.

As the Powis boy's eyes were closed, Stiles let his gaze fall over his face.

Even in this state enhanced by the punch, he couldn't stop thinking about him. Ever since he arrived, he'd been such an anomaly to his life.

Yes, werewolves was a rather shocking thing.

And quite frankly terrifying.

But Levi.

An empath.

As far as Stiles knew, he was just as human as he was, only with a little extra emotion reading ability.

And that made him feel... Connected.

Everyone else was something.

Scott a werewolf, Allison a hunter, Lydia an immune for some reason, and Jackson, albeit the bad guy, a Kanima.

And while Levi was this... Creature? Being? He never felt like he was any different. Just like him.

And it was perfect.

Levi slowly opened his eyes, his vision blurry as a quiet ringing started in his ears.

But he ignored it.

High on emotions from nearly every person in the residence, he couldn't even focus on the boy above him anymore.

There was a girl sat across from them now, looking at them with an arched brow, as if wondering what they were about to do.

But her presence was ignored.

It wasn't until a certain Scott McCall came up to them that Stiles had snapped out of the staring contest between the pair.

He was handed a bottle of water, and he felt the absence of the body on his legs.

Scott had gently lifted Levi into a sitting position, seeing he was completely out of it.

"Drink the water, Stiles. Drink it. Something's happening, and I need you to sober up right now. Come on, Stiles!"

The girl beside them huffed out a laugh as she watched his poor attempts.

"What do you think you're doing? You wanna sober him up fast, that's not the way to do it."

Scott raised a brow, not impressed at the distraction.

Levi laughed to himself at the sight, it quickly turning to a childish giggle.

"You can do better?"

"I can do best, boy!" She stood up and went over to Stiles, holding him by the head before pushing it down into the water. When he resurfaced, he had to gasp out for a breath and he had a fierce glare on his face. "How do you feel?"