Chapter 9: Couple's Therapy

"The last time we were here Marc and I had to face memories in order to get out." Steven explains.

Pushing through doors walking into a memory.

It's a gym. Various people on treadmills, lifting weights and such.

"I don't remember this." Steven comments.

"It was about a month in. I told you about some creepy guy on my way home from the store."

"Yeah, 'member that." Steven nodded.

"Then you called up, wanting me to learn some self defense stuff."

Steven stares blankly. He snaps his head to Marc who remains silent.

She looks at him. "Improv, huh." She raises a brow. Remembering how his accent was in and out because of "trying out an American accent for his hobbies." Walking over to the mat they watch past Marc get close and actually smile on at the sight.

Steven felt out of place. Searching the crowd, finding Marc and Levii in a boxing ring. Steven coughed seeing her in black leggings and burgundy sports bra. Walking up to the mat Marc helps her with tying her boxing gloves. Adjusting her stance, tapping her feet with his own. Moving her hand placement to protect her face.

"Oooo..." she coos. "...are we fighting or are we dancing?" She laughs as he steps behind her, his hands on her hips rocking themselves from side to side.

"Both." he laughs. "Fighting is a dance of strategy." He murmurs into her hair. Holding her close. "Light on your feet, but sturdy." he moves to stand in front of her. "I lunge forw---." he lunged, causing her to step back, but her stance remained strong. He nods with a smirk. "Finding an opening and being patient."

"She knocked you out." Steven snickers.

The tiny woman landed a powerful punch to the side of his head making him stumble back. All was good until he laid himself out cold.

" 'ey, No!" Marc corrects a blush dusting across his stoic face. "She didn't know what she was doing and got overexcited." He reasons.

The memory shifts to a hospital room.

"Steven." She calls holding his cheek looking at him so tenderly. Taking in the scene Marc realized this was the spark. This was when he fell hard "literally" for her.

"Mmmm." He sounds managing to open one eye, just a crack.

"I'm so sorry." She winces adjusting the ice pack she had been holding to his temple.

"S'okay. D'good" he slurs.

"I guess I don't know my own strength." she chuckles playing with his curls. Smiling as he chuckles.

"Beginner's luck."

A bright light shines leaving the three back into the stark white halls.

"No clue 'bout this one." Steven says looking through the glass of the door. He looks to Marc who shrugs.

"Well let's go." Levii announces opening the door.

"LEVII!" A voice barks rounding a counter of the disgusting home. A small girl looking to her father attempting to move her mother's body. "Go to your room!"

"Are you deaf?" He yells. "Do as I fuckin' say or your going to regret it!"

"No." She says plainly.

"Ringing off his belt marching towards her, Khonshu emerges from the shadow. The man pauses as she looks up at him, her eyes white. Crescent darts appear in her hands leaping up, slitting his throat.