Chapter 76: Would you believe me if I called his name?

Start from the beginning

"That's fucked up! Why would she lie like this? Angela and Jaxon will never forgive her." I thought angrily. They nodded.

"I think she knows that, that is why she is too afraid to tell. She wasn't expecting Paul to die, he wasn't supposed to die but he did when she was four and by then she couldn't just blurt out that she lied about the biological father of the baby. Delaney didn't mean harm, she didn't want to break their friendship." Autumn explained.

"And Paul never knew?"

"Andy said he never knew until he died. The guys knew when she turned five months old but kept it to themselves, Mama warned them that it was best they act like they didn't know."

"Shit!" I cursed out loud, automatically ending our silent conversation.

"I hate it when you girls do this, talk silently," Constance grumbled. Autumn smiled.

"Hey, everyone!" I turned my head to see Jaxon on the stage with the others, including their other two friends Blake and Jaybie. "So we are going to sing now… Well, I can't sing so they will." At least, now I know where Angela got her talkative spirit from.

"Seriously?" Chelsea called out with a laugh.

"It was either this or we do a lap dance," Mordecai grumbled.

"Let's get this show on the road! Women, cheer for your men!" Jaxon was so happy, unknown what he was missing in his life. Immediately the music came on, we all broke into loud cheers and clapping to encourage them. Andy, Blake, and Jaybie were more than happy to do it.

"Cut my heart about one, or two times
Don't need to question the reason, I'm yours, I'm yours
I'd move the earth or lose a fight just to see you smile
'Cause you got no flaws, no flaws

I'm not tryna be your part-time lover
Sign me up for the full-time, I'm yours, all yours

So, what a man gotta do?
What a man gotta do?
To be totally locked up by you…" The men sang in unison. At least, the first three did while the others, namely Mordecai, Jacky, and Aaron, scoffed and looked at their friends like they were nonentities.

"You ain't tryna be wasting time
On stupid people and cheap lines, I'm sure, I'm sure
So I'd give a million dollars just for you to grab me by the collar
And knock on these doors, these doors

I'm not tryna be your part-time lover
Sign me up for the full-time, I'm yours, I'm yours…" They all sang. We were all cheering for them. Jaxon was busy playing the air guitar. They looked so hot standing there and singing. One of them is mine.

Autumn's standpoint

It was thirty minutes to midnight, Cai already said we should head home but I had to play Cupid one more time. So I sat at a table with Delaney, just staring at her with palms on my cheeks. I pushed my weight to my elbows and palms. I wasn't doing anything but making her uncomfortable as she avoided my eyes.

"Okay, what do you expect me to do? What should I have done?" She snapped suddenly. "I couldn't do it, I couldn't bring myself to tell them that I slept with Jaxon and was carrying his child. It was a drunken mistake, I should have been more careful. He told me it was a mistake and I should forget it ever happened, it broke my heart. I didn't know what to do, I thought he would tell me to abort the baby, I panicked so I lied. I didn't know what to do and I didn't want to ruin their friendship, I was scared. I know I shouldn't have but I did, I already have and right now I don't know what to do. I thought Jaxon didn't love me, I thought he saw me only as a sister and that was why I went for Paul. So when he told me it was a mistake, it completely broke me. That made me surrender my heart to Paul… Although I would admit that it wasn't entirely. I don't know how to tell him, I don't know how to tell them."

"They will forgive you, Laney, but the longer you keep it, the harder it will be for them to forgive you. Think about Angela, this is your only chance to tell her now she is a clueless kid. Just tell her that Jaxon is her father and the man that time wasn't. As a child, she would easily forgive you and wave it off. Jaxon might get mad but he will surely forgive you because he is also at fault."

"What if he doesn't—"

"Look at him," I turned my head to the stage where Jaxon and Andy—and those two guys—were, while Meredith and Chelsea taught them how to twerk.

"Come on, boys put your hips into it and bend those knees!" Chelsea called out to them as she clapped. Mordecai was the one rapping the song they were twerking to. He was having fun.

"Do it like this," Meredith said and demonstrated. Does she know what she is doing to these men?

"Okay, Mordecai, from the top once more! Seth, start all over again!" Chelsea shouted. The guys bent over again and started twerking.

"Work those hips, boys, come on… No, no, no! Blake, shake your ass, not your legs! You look like you are having a fucking seizure!" Meredith shouted.

"More like his legs can't carry his body," Chelsea snorted out. "Come on, boys, one, two, three… do it like Jaxon, he knows how to shake his stuff."

"That's it, Jaybie! Shake 'em!"

"This is ridiculous," Aaron said with a frown.

"Come on, boys, roll those hips!" Merrie shouted and smacked Jaxon's ass. Aaron frowned deeper.

"They pay me respect they pay me in checks
And if she look good she pay me in sex
Do it!
Bounce that ass (ass), it's the roundest (roundest)
You the best (best), you deserve a crown bitch
Right on that…"

"Do they look like men who won't forgive you?" I asked. She wiped her tears and smiled. "Tell them, Delaney, try."

"I will."

"Aaron, get your booty over here and check em,"

"No, don't drag me into your madness!"

"Okay, boys! Let's go twerk for Aaron!" Meredith shouted.