Growth.

2 months later...

Chloe Pov

I sat a good distance away from Kehlani as we watched a movie. She invited me over to her house to spend some time together. I've started to get more comfortable around her but I still feel a little uneasy around her not because of her it's just because I have a very stubborn alter ego and she doesn't let go very easily.

I forgave Kehlani but I never forgot what happened hence why I'm so tense around her. Best believe when I gave Kehlani another chance Elizabeth gave me a good subconscious beat down. She didn't want to be near Kehlani AT ALL.

Nobody knows I'm over here not even Halle. Considering she doesn't wanna talk to me at all. I told Elizabeth not to do that but she did it anyway and it snapped our bond completely in half.

Sometimes I wish Elizabeth didn't exist.

"Chloe you hungry?" I heard Kehlani ask snapping me out of my thoughts. I shook my head no considering I ate earlier.

She nodded her head turning back to the movie. I felt my eyes getting heavy but I didn't plan on sleeping over here and even if I wanted to I don't have anything to wear.

Maybe a little nap won't hurt.

I removed my hoodie leaving me in a crop top and pulled a blanket over me laying on my stomach. I closed my eyes and got comfortable.

3 hours later...

I was woken up by the sound of crying and quickly realized it was Adeya. I got up and rushed to her room seeing her sitting up in her crib crying.

"What's wrong baby..." I said quietly picking her up from her crib. I wiped her tears and kissed her forehead. She put her thumb in her mouth and I knew that meant she wanted her pacifier.

We've been trying to get her off the pacifier but sometimes she just needs that extra comfort.

I bounced her as I walked to her dresser and grabbed the pacifier. I placed it in her mouth and she immediately latched on quieting her cries.

"She ok?" I heard Kehlani say from behind me.

"She's ok she just needed some comfort" I said watching as Adeya laid her head on my shoulder sucking on her pacifier closing her eyes.

I waited for her to fall asleep and slowly set her back in her crib. She is getting too big for this crib though she needs a toddler bed.

I bent down and kissed her forehead. I turned around and walked past Kehlani. I still kinda give her the cold shoulder because I want her to know she's gonna have to work hard if she wants me back.

I walked over to the couch and looking the time on my phone.

12:00am

I knew I needed to get back home because my parents don't like when I stay out late anymore after that party incident.

I grabbed my hoodie and started putting it on.

"You leaving?" I heard Kehlani ask for behind me.

"Mhm" I responded grabbing my purse and keys.

"Don't you think it's a little late?" She asked and I turned around seeing her leaning on the wall with only a sports bra on and boxers with a VERY visible print.

Those tattoos....mmm. No. Gotta stand on business.

I kept my eyes up and cleared my throat.

"My parents don't want me out late anymore although I am 18 I still live with them so I follow there rules" I said feeling nervous by that way she was looking at me.