𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

Start from the beginning

she turned to her boyfriend, an offended expression on her face. makayla was stood near the closet, picking out which shoes would go with her outfit whilst chris was lounging on the bed. he tried to keep a straight face, but makayla genuinely looked offended and he couldn't help but laugh.

''so you wouldn't love me if i was a worm?'' she asked.

''how would we do anything?! you wouldn't be able to walk or talk...'' he trailed off, a smirk on his face. ''or give me head.''

''you are twenty-two and still making jokes about sex.'' she answered doubtfully.

''you're twenty-two and asking me if i'd love you as a worm.''

she frowned, turning back to the closet. ''it's a valid question.''

''not really.''

''well, if i turn into a worm i guess i'll have to find a new boyfriend.''

chris waited for her to turn back to him, but she didn't - instead she just continued sorting through her shoes. he rolled his eyes before sitting up dramatically and reaching out to grab her wrist. she turned quickly at his sudden touch, and he pulled her into him so that she was resting in between his legs.

''i'd still love you if you were a worm.'' he muttered, kissing her back lightly.

''really?'' she smiled lightly, leaning into him.

''yes...as long as you don't find a new boyfriend.''

''i won't.'' she promised before pausing slightly. ''are you excited for graduation, by the way?''

''not really. what about you?''

''no.''

chris pushed makayla forward slightly and then moved back across the bed so that he was led down. the brunette girl led next to him, resting her head on his chest. he put his arm around her shoulders and she put one arm around his waist, sighing slightly.

''why aren't you?'' he asked.

''because i have to move back to connecticut.'' she said miserably. ''and i know you said you're fine doing long distance but...i'm not.''

''i was lying, you idiot.'' he said. ''i don't want to be without you.''

she sighed. ''this is so shit.''

chris hesitated. ''kayla?''

''yeah?''

''when you go back, you won't...see jet, will you?''

she looked at him. ''what?''

''i know it's been almost three years but i'm kinda worried.'' he admitted. ''what if you bump into jet and sparks fly and old feelings are brought up and all that corny shit?''

''i've been dating you for two years, chris. i love you.''

''yeah but if you didn't catch jet cheating on you with jasmine, you'd still be dating him.'' he said quickly. she looked at him in surprise and he immediately backtracked. ''i didn't mean it like that.''

''if i didn't catch him?'' she echoed. ''so you think i wouldn't have found out?''

''that's not what i said.''

''you think you're a second choice?'' she asked, sitting up.

''no.''

''well, it sounds like it.''

''kayla, come on. i didn't mean it to sound like that.'' he said, sitting up next to her.

''whatever, chris.'' she muttered. ''you should go.''