two.

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

the four of them walked through the park until they reached the middle of it. there were stalls set up, each hosting a new club, and there were people answering questions or giving directions. makayla was actually pretty excited - she hadn't cared about coming to college but now, looking at everything, she felt good.

''are you coming to the bonfire, makayla?'' nick questioned.

''i didn't even know there was one.'' she admitted.

ryan rolled his eyes fondly. ''well, you're coming.''

she laughed. ''okay.''

''are you gonna join any clubs?'' matt asked, noticing she hadn't signed up for any. ''they have pretty much everything at this college.''

''yeah. i was on the lacrosse team at high school, so i want to join that.'' she replied lightly. she suddenly realised the boys didn't answer, and she looked at them to be greeted by faces of surprise. she laughed nervously. ''i know it's kinda a weird sport but-''

''it's not.'' matt interrupted. ''that's the club i want to join.''

she raised her eyebrows in surprise. ''really?''

''yeah, and i have to sign chris up. we both did lacrosse at school to.''

she had mixed thoughts about that. she was glad that matt was going to sign up - it meant that she already had a friend without even trying - but she wasn't so glad about chris signing up. she was actually shocked that he was going to do extra curricular and she was annoyed that it had to be the club she wanted to do. she didn't know how to reply, and so she just nodded.

''what about if you guys find the lacrosse club and we'll go find the football one?'' nick suggested.

''are you both signing up for football?'' makayla asked, making ryan and matt burst into laughter.

nick looked at them angrily. ''okay, fuck you.''

''i'll take that as a no?'' she grinned.

''you're correct.'' ryan replied. ''i'm signing up.''

''ohhh, okay.''

''wanna find it with me, makayla?'' matt said, looking at her.

''yeah.'' she nodded before looking at ryan. ''i'll meet you back at our room later.''

''okay.''

nick and ryan walked off hand-in-hand, leaving makayla with matt. the two of them walked in silence for a moment, searching for something to talk about. they hadn't noticed before but, now that they weren't here, it was obvious that nick and ryan had been carrying the conversation.

''how long did you do lacrosse for?'' matt asked finally.

''pretty much the entire time i was at high school.'' she said. ''you?''

''me and chris are the same.'' 

''are you sure chris wants you sign him up?'' she blurted, immediately regretting it when she saw matt's confused face. ''i just mean...he didn't seem like the type to do extra work.''

''yeah, he's not really here for the classes.'' he admitted. ''but he likes lacrosse so he'll definietely put effort into it.''

she wanted to roll her eyes because that was her exact mindset. she had picked history because she thought it would be the easiest class and she didn't care for the classes, but she did care for lacrosse. she loved the sport and, even though she was hoping college was going to change everything else about her life, she wanted to keep lacrosse.