2. The day I met him

📍Montego bay
Jamaica

Hayami's POV

"Hey I've got to admit my bestie can cook"
The voice in my head say as I look at the plate of food in front of me.

'Wife material ino' she says and I let out a little laugh

'Wife material ino' she says and I let out a little laugh. Real thing.

As I eat I scroll on my phone going onto a housing website looking for a apartment for rent. I see a few good options and send in an application to the listed realtor. Hopefully they'll get back to me and I can go check a few out.

After eating I lounge around Lia's house answering emails and and watching TV

A few minutes into watching my show I hear shouting for across the street. Me being me I get up a go to the window picking through the curtains.

"How the fuck yuh fi give mi bun with mi breda !" I hear a man say from inside the house followed by things breaking.

"Nuh tell mi fuckry ute" the mn yells again before I see him storm out of the house. Tall dark-skinned. 'Him nice tho' me say . A girl running behind him " Chops mi neva mean if do it" she say grabing onto him to which he shakes her off and jumps into his dark blue mark x.

I can't help bursting into laughter.
'Typical Jamaicans.' I guess I was laughing too hard as the girl looked up looking directly at me to which I quickly pulled the curtains.

A little while later I got a message from Lia asking me to go to the store to pick her up some things to come as she had a little get together later.

Coming out of the shower I pull my suitcases out from under the bed and started looking through it for something to ware.

After getting dressed I walk down the road to try and get a taxi, passing by a few shops with men outside trying to hale me up.

Spotting a taxi it stops right at my feet and the driver a old looking man tells me to get in. There were a few other people in the back of the car so I had to get into the front.

The drive was very loud because there were two girls in the back of the car talking very loudly and where just being annoying in general.

' Them can chat yf'

I guess I wasn't the only one annoyed by them because the other girl that was sitting beside them said something.

" Uno cah shut up now, from uno in here uno a chat." She says and the driver and I let out a little laugh. The girls were quite the rest of the drive.

***
Finally reaching where I need to go I paid the driver and proceeded in to the lard Mega Mart building. As I enter I quickly grab a trolley to start shopping.

As I am walking down the juice section look at my phone at the list that Lia had sent me I suddenly felt something hitting my cart

I don't know what came over me. Maybe it was embarrassment or something but I found my self reverting back to speaking Spanish.

(I'm sorry)
Lo lamentoI say looking up at the person across from me and see a teenage boy smiling at me. He looks to be about 16 or 17.

"I'm sorry for bumping into you, I just got distracted by your beauty" he say confidently

' He's hitting on you' the voice in my head says laughing.

I just smile at him and as I'm going to walk away he speaks again.

"Can I get your number beautiful?" It takes a lot for me not to laugh at his question.

So now I have to make a choice, I can gently reject this kid or pretend not to understand him.

Um.. no lo sé  (Um.. I don't know)
"Do you speak English?" He ask with a hopeful look on his face to which I just shake my head with a confused look. He tells me to have a good day and walks away looking disappointed.

'Cute'

I go about shopping picking up the things on Lia's list along with a few more things. I arrive at the pastry fridges and I see one last slice of red velvet cake on the top shelf of one of the refrigerator. I try to reach it but I am too short.

I sigh in frustration and as I'm about to close the fridge and go get some help, a hand stretches over my head onto the shelf and grab the cake.

"Thank you so muc-..." I begin to say but I'm cut off and taken aback when the strange man puts the cake in his trolley and starts walking away.

'Wow. Shame' she laughs

"Excuse me sir." I say and he stops turning to me and I freeze for a second at how incredibly handsome this man is. He's well dressed in name brads and his skin looks absolutely perfect.

" What?" He answers in a rudely but very deep voice . "That's my cake" I reply nonchalantly not ready to back down.

"How?" he says in an almost amused tone.

" Well; for your informat-" I begin but was cut off. "So you do speak English" a familiar voice says from behind me.

It was the same boy from a while ago.
" Um..." I say awkwardly. To which he just laughs. " It good man, mi shoot mi shot and mi nuh feel nuh way"

"A she yuh did a talk?" The man asked to which the boy nods. Huh, I'm lost.

" Oh, so you a liad?" He asks looking down at me seeing that he towered over me.

"Can I have my cake now?" I ask rolling my eyes and flooding my arms

"No" he says. "Here" the boy says handing me the cake. " Nuh medz him"

" Thanks....?"

"Jayden mi name but everybody calls me Jay" he informs me.

"Ok, have a good day" I say not looking at the man. "Aii liad." I hear him reply and as I go the respond he's already walking away with Jay laughing bedside him.

***
I finished my shopping  and didn't run into them again and just assumed that they left already.

Grabbed my bags and head out the door I noticed that the rain had started to fall heavily and I don't have an umbrella. As I'm standing beside the entrance I hope that a taxi drives over here.

But instead a black BMW pulls up at my feet and Jay gets out of the passenger seat and tells me to get in and I try to make up an excuse but a deep voice immediately stops me from objecting.

"Get in the car Hayami." He says sternly leaving no room for arguments.

     AN                
Thank you for reading
Don't forget to keep it real

Please
Comment and Share

More coming soon