CHAPTER 31

JIMIN

"Vacations? Did you bang your head against a wall before consulting me?" my manager asks with disapproval in his gaze.

I roll my eyes and cross my arms against my chest. I kind of expected his disapproval regarding my precocious vacations. Jisung is a hard-working man and a longtime friend of mine. I don't mind the fact that he's being honest with me, but I don't want him to speak to me as if I was irresponsible.

I thought about it for a whole month, evaluating every cons and pros and I came to the conclusion that Krystal is right: I need to rest. For all these years of working all day and night, spending time chilling in my house is what I need the most the right now.

"I need this and so do you," I shrug and get myself up from the sofa. "Did you bring me what I asked you ?"

He still seems upset about his partial unemployment, but he won't force me to work. I'm his boss and I can fire him at any time, so he just nods his head and looks for his bag. A deep sigh escapes from his lips as he shows me the book I told him to buy for me this morning.

"Since when you're interested in croissants and shits?" he asks me with a mocking tone.

I glare at him before grabbing the book in his hands. He's starting to be annoying but at least, he did what I told him to do which is buying the book called Learning French for dummies. According to the reviews online, it's a great purchase for beginners and I can't wait to study it.

"Is it a crime to learn a new language?" I scoff and make sure to put the small book in my bag.

He smiles, "Is there a hot french man in your sights?"

I let out a low groan of frustration as he juggles his eyebrows to annoy me more. I hit his face with a pillow who was laying on the sofa and he laughs at it.

"I need to go. My mom wants to see me," I inform him and takes my coat from the coat hanger.

"Mommy's good girl, huh?"

I just roll my eyes and gives him a disapproving look.

"You're lucky I like you," I point my finger on him.

It's already been a month since I spent the night in Krystal's apartment. My mother called me yesterday asking me if I could come to dine with them. Taehyung has been back in town since this morning and I can't wait to see my little brother.

We talk on the phone once in a while to keep us update on each other's life. He told me last month that he's going to be graduating soon in his prestigious school of fine arts in Paris. I'm glad that everything is going well because he deserves to be successful. He's an incredible photographer and painter.

"Hi you," Woonbin appears at the front door of our parents' house.

Before seeing him in the flesh, I didn't realize that I have missed this face a lot. I smile at him and we share a quick hug to greet each other. We are not usually touchy but it's been like four years since I saw him in person.

We walk to the kitchen where my mom is making my favorite dish: kimbap.

"It smells so good," I compliment her and she grins.

"How's your vacation going?" Woonbin asks me to start a conversation.

"Watching movies, working out, hanging out with friends. It's been pretty great," I answer and take a seat in front of the dining table. "How about you? The fine arts have changed you into a classy man."