CHAPTER 13

I shouldn't be here.

And yet here I am sitting in front of a man I do not like, praying silently that he would go away for good. Thirty minutes have passed but each seconds seem like hours to. I dream of laying on my bed and watch a bunch of romance movies but I'm still stuck in this luxurious restaurant with my ex-boyfriend.

Jeno does not hide his joy to be there, he continues to tell me about his exciting life while eating loudly. He probably didn't notice that I haven't listened to him for a while because he thinks he is a fascinating specimen. Don't ask me why I dated him. I don't even know why to be honest. He's not that cute. What was I thinking?

I almost forgot that he has a tendency to talk a lot about himself. There was a time, I thought it was cute. Now it seems unbearable to me.

How did I fall in love with such a vain and arrogant guy like him ?

I sigh deeply and poke my fork in my salad. Looking at the green of my dish, I remember the moment he ordered it for me. He had smiled at me right after with a look that says 'I know what you like to eat'.

I like salad but I love meat.

"He said no to me, but I knew it was a lie," he continues.

I don't know what he's talking about, but I don't want to ask him to repeat. As a result, I refrain myself from commenting on his little adventure. I keep on eating my salad which has a bitter and bland taste until a silence sets in between us. I raise my head and frown when I see he's looking at me.

I ask, "What?"

"Were you listening to me?" he asks, his face slightly annoyed.

I take my towel and wipe my mouth.

I said, "Yes. I just don't know what to say," I lied.

"You never listen to me," he sighs, causing me to frown.

I put down my fork and keep looking at him insistently. During our relationship, if I look closely on how we treated each other, I felt like we were never in the same wavelength. There was always something wrong. That was not just one single reason. We loved each other, but I don't think we loved each other enough to build something.

He was too addicted to drugs, and I was too addicted to my work.

"Did you invite me here to make me feel guilty?"

He wipes his lips full of tomato sauce with a white towel before looking at me.

"I always felt like you didn't care about me when I was madly in love with you."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"So that's why you cheated on me?"

He looks at me with a disapproving look before shaking his head.

"I loved you. I still am. It was a mistake."

I know he regrets what he did but I don't want to give him a chance to break my heart once again. I'm not the same fragile girl who used to care about him and his shitty drugs. I grew up and I won't make the same mistake which is... falling in love carelessly.

I grit my teeth and look at my phone. When's Ningning coming? I texted her twenty minutes ago to tell her to come pick me up because I knew I would end up arguing with him.

"I don't love you. I don't even know why I'm here. I should go," I say and get up while he frowns at me.

"No, no you don't understand. You stay here we are not done talking."

"Please, Jeno. I don't--" I say before he grabs my wrist.

"You love me, don't fucking lie. You always loved me. You are mine," he growls.

It's not the first time he claimed me as his property. When we were dating, he was jealous and extremely possessive. Each time a boy would tried to talk to me, he was menacing and rude. At that time, I didn't not mind because he was an insecure man due to the lack of love from his mother and father. Now, it's making me annoyed. I'm not something that he can control whenever he wants. Before I can reply to him, someone behind me spoke,

"No, she's fucking not."