🦋 Author's Note 🦋

Welcome to my 6th attempt at the Open Novella Contest. Some have been completed and some remain unfinished. Some went all thee way through to the end while one could not even get past the first round. Regardless of the past, here's to a new year, a new contest, and a new story.

For those who may need a refresher, the goal for the Open Novella Contest (or ONC as it's apt to be called) is to write a brand new 20K-word completed novella over three months' time using at least one of the provided prompts, with each round being judged at the 2K, 8K and 20K word miledstones, respectively.

Out of the 100 prompts offered, I've settled on just one this year, which may be playing it safe but trying more in the past seemed to work against me so here we go:

Prompt #19
A world with no heartbreaks. In such a world, you fall for someone forbidden. And you're about to experience the first heartbreak ever.

I have ideas. A few things I've been sitting on for a bit that I think might play out well for a novella. We will see. So be sure to Like/Share/Subscribe- you know what I mean. 

Welcome to THE LONGEST QUIET.

If you are reading any of this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack

If you are reading any of this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original, safe, form, please go to https://www.wattpad.com/user/druidrose. Thanks!