𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

thank you.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚

In a way, Oliver Quick never really left Saltburn.

After everything that happened, after being thrown off by Sir James and left forgotten in a ditch. After whispers of poor no friend Ollie or the unlucky bastard that left the Catton's childless, nobody wanted him or his shadow anymore. Not some nerd, not even the math wiz, nor the scholars wanted his trace for fear of his curse rubbing off on them. Oliver quietly finished Oxford without being anything and yet, his resoluteness and fervor granted him the ability to keep going.

Keep hoping for more luck.

He watched the years slowly go by, obsessing over the details, trying to go around and in circles just for another possibility—all the while, his prying eyes never left her.

Sweet, innocent, Eleanor Saint.

Poor Eleanor who lost her boyfriend, so poor Eleanor that had a line of men willing to console her or make her forget that Felix Catton ever existed, and so terribly poor Eleanor that he wanted all for himself but couldn't. They made an agreement that after Saltburn, they'd part ways to avoid stirring any suspicion. She'd be the devastated girlfriend left above on earth, while he's the insignificant nobody who didn't really matter to anyone so much, even to her.

Still, he claimed that role as his own and, after graduation, pursued the risk and stakes of his ambition.

It took a couple of years of watching, waiting, and biding his time before good news finally made its way to his ocean eyes. He scanned the newspaper, and right on page five, Sir James Catton's picture was finally in the obituary. He'd let out a sigh of relief, his heart beating so hard it almost echoed in one of the rooms in his parent's house. And from then on, he started his next and final mission.

One last move for Saltburn. And this time, he wanted it more than ever.

Through stalking on overgrown fields and pouring rain, Oliver watched as what's left of the Catton's planned their way out of the estate and onto the city. He spent a certain amount of time and a lot of money to worm his way back to the hell hole until finally, finally he found his mark and was willing to strike at the first chance.

Oliver Quick sat at a coffee shop, at the exact same time Elspeth Catton would always get her coffee. Two in the afternoon, right on the mark.

He'd successfully set his bait a few years back, so when he saw the certain glint in Elspeth's knowing eyes, Ollie knew it was only a matter of time before he was back in Saltburn's arms once again. He made his plans, gathered all the courage and passion he had left, and dialed a number on his phone.