𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

*:・゚✧*:・゚

*:・゚✧*:・゚

Saltburn felt like a maze on its own ever since Eleanor arrived, and she has spent most of her days either getting drunk, playing stupid games, or getting lost in the maze. She couldn't count how many cigarettes she'd taken, forgetting the day and time entirely, and sleeping off most nights to mornings, the afternoon being the only solace.

She woke up the next day and decided to step off for a minute, coming to the library to read some texts as a way to refresh her altered Saltburn-brain. "Definitely know now why Lana loves this place so much." She whispered to herself, finding that the estate seemed like an enticing black hole. It doesn't feel real sometimes.

Felix didn't help at keeping her mind right, she admits that he was far too much than she expected. Everything about him was always a surprise, and he made it possible for her to actually love staying there, even if every fiber of her being wanted to run from such beautiful nightmare. It's not a home, not really. It's an escape.

A big castle with eyes at every crevice, watching your every move.

Elle carried three books to read in the comforts of her room when she heard a commotion by the staircase. She peeked through the banister, finding Venetia not far ahead also eavesdropping. Footsteps bounded from the top, and it was Felix and Oliver, equally curious as to why Elspeth was angry and Farleigh sounded frustrated.

"Vee, what the fuck is going on?" Felix asked, coming near Elle whom he knew was supposed to be at the library.

"It's Farleigh. He tried to nick something." Elle frowned, not really buying the idea that he would steal, certainly not from the Cattons. He loves this life too much to do anything stupid. "He's a fucking idiot."

They had to talk about it more away from anyone's earshot so they agreed to meet by the pond, where they sprawled the towels and inflatables, still in disbelief at what just happened.

"There's no way Farleigh would try anything. I mean, he's not that stupid, isn't he?" Elle was the first to break the ice, finding relief that no one brought alcohol. She had a book in her hand, intending to finish off the last few chapters, but was far too invested in the gossip instead.

"I mean, it's outrageous!" Venetia said, climbing to the pallet to sunbathe there, glasses in her eyes while her long blonde hair touches the water.

"What actually happened?" Oliver finally asked.

Felix answered, Elle knowing he got the reason instantly from his mother, who couldn't really keep anything from their favorite son. "He sent an email to Sotheby's to say that he'd come by some Palissy plates." Venetia scoffed, "I mean, the idiot. He had to have known that Dad went to school with the chairman."