chapter 10

I continued to stand there shaking my head, this was just a job and now it was turning into a soap opera. I backed into the kitchen and sat down at the table, Louis didn't like me like that. He liked girls like Elea who were really pretty and smart. I was pretty sort of, if I put an effort and I did make it to university but still there was no way that Louis liked me like that.

"Jacelle are you ok? You start mumbling to yourself." Niall asked looking concerned.
I would too, I mean I didn't even notice I was mumbling to myself I guess I really am going crazy.
"Yeah, yeah I'm fine I just umm... I'm just tired and stuff. Yeah."

I stood up and ran to my room, I could feel the boys' eyes on me, but I didn't look back. I finally got to my room and threw open the door, and walked in shutting and locking it when I was in. I figured I might as well take a shower to clear my mind, I got out some sweats and ran to the bathroom making sure to lock that door too.

I basically threw off my clothes and turned on the shower, when I stepped in the hot water pelted against my back but it felt good. I scrubbed my hair and body, just letting myself calm down. When I finished I stepped out and towel dried myself off, I then caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked so frail, my hair hung there and my body was just there, I was nothing special.

I shook all my thoughts out of my head and put on my sweats, then I ran the brush threw my hair. I opened the door and threw all my dirty clothes and towels in the hamper, there was a knock at the door.
"Who's there?"

There was silence for a few seconds, and I started to think they were pulling a prank on me.
"Jacelle, it's Louis I need to talk to you."
This was not happening, nope he did not want to talk to me and if he did it was just about work.

I opened the door to see Louis in nothing but his sweat pants, I admit I looked but only for a split second.
"The boys left, you were taking a shower I'm guessing but they wanted me to tell you bye."
"Oh, yeah I just took a shower, and that was nice of them."

He nodded, and stood there looking at the floor. I looked at him waiting to see if he would stay or leave for a good few minutes.
"Is that all you needed Louis?"
"Why did you storm out of the kitchen when Niall went in there?'

What was I supposed to tell him? I was mumbling like a crazy person and then I just frustrated and ran off? I don't think so.
"I don't want to talk about it, it has nothing to do with Niall or anything so just go to bed. I'm fine."
"You know Jacelle you can tell me anything you need to get off of your chest."

"Then why don't you tell me anything? Why do you keep secrets? Why Louis?"
"Why? You want to know why?"
I nodded waiting for there to be another argument, waiting for him to just blow up on me, but he didn't.

"Because Jacelle you are the reason why."
Before I knew he was kissing me, and I kissed right back. The moment was just too perfect not too, and I enjoyed it. He was about to pull away, but I kept the kiss going. Did I want Louis? I have no idea but in this moment it felt right.

"I hope you know that even though you made a really romantic move I am still getting to the bottom of your breakup and drinking."
He just held me close, wrapping his arms around my waist. I held my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes.
"And I am going to get down to why exactly you need this job."

"Good luck pretty boy, now go to bed I'm tired of this Notebook moment."
He laughed and let me, I stood there and watched him walk out the door with a smirk on his face. I shut the door and leaned against it.
"What am I getting myself into?" I mumbled to myself.

I stayed like that for a good ten minutes, I thought about what went down. I really didn't feel anything special in the kiss, it was just out of loneliness, I wanted to be wanted and Louis came in at the right time. Was I even falling for Louis? It's hard to say, I barely know him still. We were both stubborn and didn't want to talk about our pasts, and maybe we were just going to be friends with benefits without the whole friends part.

I went to my bed to further think about it since my back started to ache. What would my mom tell me to do in this situation? She'd probably smile and laugh and say do what your heart wants. My heart though was unreliable since for the past how many years my love has been food but beside the point my heart almost wanted the same as Louis, someone to love.