chapter 9

Exactly two days had passed since we saw Elea in the restaurant and Louis had a breakdown. He hadn't let me work these two days, he made me watch movies with him, and cuddle with him. I know why was I cuddling with him? He was alone and so was I, he hadn't been aloud to go out to the clubs, and he didn't want anyone to see him in this state.

He promised me that once he could go back to the parties that I could continue with my work and would get to stop playing girlfriend. I really didn't want to go back to work, but I also wanted to stop being Louis cuddle buddy. We had gotten closer but the whole cuddling thing made me uncomfortable, like I was leading him on.

Today though the boys were supposed to come over, and thank the lord for this fact. I was ready to see new people, I mean I have been by myself or with Louis for the majority of my time here so far. I was getting ready right now for their arrival, I wore jeans, and my favorite grey sweatshirt, my hair was done up in a ponytail.

"Jacelle are you ready to meet the guys, they just pulled in the driveway."
"Yeah as long as none of them try anything."
"Well Zayn is the only one with a girlfriend and you are an attractive girl so...."

Before he could continue with his speech of how it would be ok if one of them hit on me, the doorbell rang. Louis opened the door and guy hugged one of the guys, I stood there waiting to see them. I knew who they were and all that but for three years I hadn't paid much attention to pop culture so I was a little rusty on who is who.

A blonde one came up, and then a black haired one, and then two brunettes. They all stood there for a second studying me, I did the same as I gave them a weird look. Could you blame me though? They were just starring at me like I was a piece of meat and they were carnivores.
"Well since you guys seem to stink at introductions, my name is Jacelle, a.k.a. the housekeeper."

They all introduced themselves after the shock of me being so up front with my feelings, but again could you blame me? They all went into the kitchen except for the curly haired boy, I think it was Harry.
"You look too pretty to be a housekeeper. Are you sure you are just hear to clean the house?"

Was he hinting that I was Louis girlfriend or something, maybe he was trying to see if I was single.
"Well thank you but I'm only here to clean the house, not anything else."
"Well that means that you are single?"

"Single and not looking so thanks for hitting on me but I have some house cleaning to do curly."
I walked away from him and into the kitchen, all the boys looked towards my direction. Probably seeing if Harry won over my heart, I am guessing that he was the cheeky, flirty one in the group.

"Jacelle we are all a bit hungry, do you think you could make us a snack or something?"
"It's kind of my job, and what do you want?"
"Make us some of the macaroni and cheese."

I nodded, and made them leave the kitchen as I cooked, they went to the living room and watched T.V. When I was in the middle of cooking Louis walked and stood across from me.
"What do you need Louis?"

"I really appreciate you turning down Harry, it would really suck seeing you date one of the band members."
"Why? They all seem nice enough. Are you jealous Mr. Tomlinson?"
"No, it's just they are always out like me, and you deserve a lot more than a boyfriend who is home half of the time."

"Is that why you broke up with Eleanor? Because you weren't home enough."
"You could say that, but don't worry about her she is just my past."
"Are you looking for your future then? Trying to forget your past, and think of your future."

The macaroni had finished cooking, and drained to pot. I proceeded to put it in another pot and add the cheese while Louis thought of an answer.
"I think my future is already pre-planned you know? You met people that change your life, and you want them to stay like that."

I put the macaroni in five different bowls while I thought about what Louis had said.
"Yeah I understand but sometimes the people you love the most are actually bringing you pain, so those people need to be kicked out of your life." I handed him a bowl of macaroni and cheese and looked at his face, he was thinking.

"Help me take the other bowls out to the boys."
We both grabbed two bowls and handed them to the boys, they said their thanks and began eating. I walked back into the kitchen and cleaned up the mess I had made only a few minutes earlier.

I began walking towards the stairs, but when I barely hit the living room tiny whispers of the boys voices echoed through my ears.
"So when are you going to ask her out to a real date?"
I froze, they couldn't be talking about me and Louis could they?

*