~1~

Caspar

I awoke to the sound of a crash in the kitchen upstairs and my roommate Joe's loud laugh. We had been living together for two years in a small flat in London and it was so far the best two years of my life. Joe was the funniest, most talented, creative, and caring person I ever met. He always knew how to cheer me up or make me laugh, and he could read me like an open book.

Joe was my best friend, and I didn't know what I would do without him. I tell him everything, and he always knows exactly what to do or say.

Recently, things had been different between Joe and me. We now often fall asleep on our small couch while watching a movie together, then wake up pressed up against each other with a single blanket. We make reservations for lunch and dinner at fancier restaurants and sit across from each other with a candle flickering in the center of the table.

I've been enjoying it more than I know I should. I knew catching feelings for the boy was a bad idea. But I couldn't stop thinking about him as more than a friend.

I shook my head and picked up my phone to distract myself from my own thoughts.

After ten minutes of mindlessly scrolling through Instagram and Twitter, I decided to get out of bed to see what Joe was doing in the kitchen. It was no surprise to me when I saw his camera on the tripod, food covering the counters, and Joe finishing talking to the lens.

"And I will see you next week with another Sugg Sunday special WhooHoo!"

He turned off the camera and looked at me. "Hey Caspar."

"Morning, Joe." I replied with a raspy morning voice. "You filmed a cooking video this week?"

"Yeah, it was a mess, mate. Oh, and sorry if the pans woke you up."

"Nah, no worries. I was actually wondering if you'd want to film a collab for my channel this week?"

Joes eyes lit up in surprise. "Of course I do! We haven't filmed together in ages! What video were you thinking?"

I thought for a minute and replied, "How about a Q+A?"

"How original! No one ever does Q+As on YouTube!" He sarcastically stated in a ridiculous voice.

I just laughed. "Sounds perfect," Joe continued. "Let me just change out of my pasta stained shirt and I'll be ready."

While walking out of the room, he mumbled, "These stains are not coming out." I had a smile plastered on my face and I shook my head as he walked downstairs.

I made my way down to my bedroom and set up the mic and tripod. I grabbed my camera and computer and was ready to post my tweet asking for questions from the fans when my laptop crashed and the screen turned black. "Come on. Not now," I whispered to my computer screen. It wouldn't turn back on. I smacked the screen a few times, thinking that would help. Much to my dismay, my refection remained staring back at me from the back screen.

"Joe? I need to go to the Apple Store to get my laptop fixed! Be back soon!" I yelled into his room where he was editing his video.

"Caspar no don't leave yet I want to come!" I heard him yell back.

I raised one eyebrow in confusion. "Why?"

His door opened and he came out with his hair fixed looking good as always and a red hoodie and skinny jeans on.

"I'll be lonely here without you. Let's go."

~

Once we arrived at the Apple Store we were greeted with the boy working behind the counter. He looked like he was in his early twenties. He was a cute guy with nerdy glasses shielding bright eyes.

Once he saw us, those eyes lit up. We walked towards him.

"Oh my God! You are Joe and Caspar! I love your videos!"

"Aww thank you!" Joe and I said in unison. I saw the name tag he had pinned on his shirt that read "Hello, my name is Brett" and chose to start a conversation with him. I told him about the computer crashing and not working and that I needed it as soon as possible.

"No problem. I can get this back to you by tomorrow or the next day by the latest." Brett answered kindly.

"Thanks. That's really helpful." I said.

When Joe and I arrived home, we made our way to the couch. He sat down with his laptop to begin editing his video for the week, while I removed my shoes and laid down with my head on a soft pillow about to fall asleep. I didn't feel like making my way to my bedroom, so I allowed my eyes to fall shut.

I felt Joe stand up and heard him make his way to the stairs. I wanted to ask him to stay, but was too late as his footsteps sounded at the bottom of the staircase. I only had time to be upset for a few seconds as he then made his way back up to the living room. I opened one eye and saw him with the blanket from my room in his hands. The corners of my mouth curved upwards into a soft smile and I whispered "Thank you" as he began draping the blanket over me. He nodded his head and returned the soft smile, then sat back down on the other end of the sofa when he finished. I closed my eyes again, but before I drifted to sleep, he spoke softly.

"Goodnight, Casp."

"Goodnight Joe." I replied, then fell into a peaceful sleep.