STUPID CUPID

STUPID CUPID / a Min Ho ( XO, Kitty ) fanfic

EVER SINCE SHE CAN REMEMBER, VALERIE VISAYAN HAS BEEN HUNGRY FOR SUCCESS. As the daughter of two of the greatest surgeons in Seoul ( scratch that, in all of South Korea, probably! ) nothing less would ever be expected of her. The second she exited the womb, she was tirelessly trained day and night to always be the absolute best. Just good was never good enough she had to be great. Top of her class, top of her year, always #1!

The thing is, it's pretty lonely at the top. Which is something her parents never stopped to consider ( they never saw any issue with their teenage daughter's only friends being her textbooks ). They got her the best food, clothes, education and decided boom, job done that's all there is to prime parenting, right?! No need for such trivialities as, like, basic love and affection. Or friends. Friends will only drag you down, Valerie! as they liked to say whenever eight-year-old Valerie asked to even associate with another child her age. 

So, eventually, she stopped asking. Who needs love when you can have greatness? And trust her, Valerie Visayan intends to be great. Her parents suck, but that's okay! She won't just follow in their footsteps; she'll be even better than them. They're the best surgeons in South Korea? Then she'll just be the best in the worldNo time for distractions or fooling around she's starting her third year at the Korean Independent School of Seoul, and her goal is the same as always: be better than she was last year. She plans to work smarter, faster, harder, and nothing is going to stand in her way!

Until she's assigned to tutor Min Ho, who thinks being the son of a gorgeous actress ( whose incredible looks he inherited, unfairly ) and the school's biggest heartbreaker entitles him to be a lazy, insufferable, and all-round asshole. He also considers it his God-given right to make her life as difficult as he can. It's a pity for him that the art of annoyance isn't a recognised academic subject ( because it's the only class where he'd get an A+, in her humble opinion! )