(10) THE SPECIAL NIGHT

Subhadra was adorned by her sisters in law for her special night

Subhadra was adorned by her sisters in law for her special night. It wasn't her first night, but it was going to be the first night on which she would start her married life with Arjun. So, the night was special unlike first night.

They put minimal jewelleries on her while leaving her hairs open. Her hairs were even decorated by minimal flowers giving a mesmerising touch to her appearance.

She was left in her chamber to wait for Arjun. She was enjoying the solitude standing near the window under the company of shining stars.

Arjun entered into the chamber, and his heart became instantly dull after noticing Subhadra's lost eyes. The eyes which should wait for him were distracted taking away his delight of being waited by her.

"So, someone's so lost to sense my presence!" Arjun cleared his throat before the statement to gain Subhadra's attention.

"I am sorry. I was just lost in stars," she turned towards him with an apologetic look.

"I want you on the earth for myself. From tonight our married life is gonna start. I have something to make this night special," his handsome face was glowing with the loveliness of his words.

"Actually, I want to say that.......," she never had imagined that she had to deny the chance of being captured in his arms. She assumed that he was indicating about consummation of their marriage, and she wasn't ready for that at all.

"It's not what you are thinking. Without your comfort and consent nothing is gonna happen. By the way, my reference about something is a gift I have for you," a smile crept on his lips noticing her cute nervousness.

He was expecting her excitement over the mention of gift.

"You got a gift! Sadly, I don't have any gift for you," her eyes lowered in sadness.

"If my gift makes you smile then it will be the best gift for me on this occasion," coming nearer to her, he lift her chin, gently.

He handed a beautiful gift box to her. After opening that she found something which surprised her to no end. The box was containing the letters which she had written in his memories when she was at Dwarka. In those letters she had opened her heart to him.

Her cheerfulness of confessing her love to him, her concern for him when he was at Varnavrat, the chaos of her heart over his fake death news, her belief of meeting him again, and finally biding farewell to her emotions when he had married to Draupadi, everything was there in those letters.

Subhadra had left these letters on feet Lord Somnaath surrendering her feelings to him on the day when her marriage was supposed to happen with Duryodhan. She was lost again in remembering the day of her visit at Somnaath.

"You must be wondering how I got these letters, right? She slowly nodded at his question.

"The day you had left these letters on feet of Lord Somnaath on the exact day I arrived there to visit the Lord. While praying the Lord one letter fall near my feet. I picked that up, but when I was about to place it at the place from where it had fallen down I noticed my name in the letter," he started to narrate the flashback about which she knew nothing.

"I started to read the letter, and that was the letter in which you had confessed your love to me. Your words were too deeply heart touching to make me drown into your love, instantly. It was love at first read for me," his eyes showered love at her.

"Love at first read!" The concept was totally new to hear. She had heard about love at first sight, but never had imagined that someone could fall in love at first read.

"Yes, it is. After reading your letter I had decided not to let you go away from my life, and I had the last chance for that. I was confused what to do. Then, I met Madhav at there, and asked his help to make you my life partner. You know the rest of the story," he concluded his narration.

"So, all these had happened on that day!" her surprised eyes along with the small gasping look on her face was earning his admiration.

"I had read only one letter on that day as I didn't have time to read all the letters. Till now even I haven't read any of your letters except that one. I had wished to read those having you beside me," she was smiling after getting drenched in the sweetness of his words.

"That day I hadn't asked your permission to read the words of your heart, but today I am asking permission from you. So, can we?" He stretched his hand for her which she accepted, immediately.

Holding her hand he led her towards balcony. He started to read her letters, gladly. His gestures kept her eyelids lower most of the time as she wasn't able to look into his eyes.

He cherished her compliments for him. She had addressed him as her prince charming, conquerer of her thoughts and invader on her heart. When he read the last letter writing by him in which she had bade final farewell to her emotions for him his eyes moistened.

"You loved me this much!" Without waiting for her response he hugged her, tightly.

"I have something to say. I got Dushala's letter after arriving here. She had narrated everything happened in Sindh. It made me happy that you didn't take the situation wrongly," she was feeling him getting closer to her.

"I had enough belief on your wittiness and reasoning sense, and you strengthened my belief recognising that illusion of mine," listening the statement he broke the hug.

Disappointment made his heart heavy thinking she mentioned about his wittiness and reasoning sense, but didn't even sense his love for her which didn't let him believe what he had seen. His love led the way for his wittiness making him reveal the reality behind the drama.

He was came out of his thoughts when he felt Subhadra's head on his shoulder. He flashed a mild smile at her sleeping figure before moving inside the chamber picking her up in arms.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏