(2) WARRIOR PRINCESS

When the news of Subhadra's elopement was broke out at vivah mandap Duryodhan got furious to no end

When the news of Subhadra's elopement was broke out at vivah mandap Duryodhan got furious to no end. He knew about the person with whom Subhadra hap eloped. After all, he had a uncle like Shakuni who had cunningness like fox and sharp vision like an eagle. Shakuni had already spotted Arjun at Somnaath.

Duryodhan along with his brothers and some noted warriors of Dwarka went to fight with Arjun and to bring back his would be wife.

Subhadra stopped the chariot when Arjun was challenged for war.

"None has imagined that someone among sons of mother Kunti who are known for high moral values can stoop so low to snatch someone's would be wife!" Duryodhan threw his mocking glare at Arjun.

"I am giving you the last chance, Arjun! If you want to save yourself then leave Subhadra, and go back," Duryodhan roared after getting no reaction of Arjun.

"The one who's discussing about my decency have forgot that an elder brother shouldn't address the wife of his younger brother with her name. You don't have any right to call Subhadra by her name. So, mend your way, and go back," Arjun cleared the fact he wasn't going to back out.

"You won't be agreed like this. Now, get ready to face my attack," Duryodhan raised his mace to lunch an attack.

Handling Arjun that too singlehandedly wasn't possible for Arjun. So, Duryodhan ordered other warriors to attack on Arjun, simultaneously.

Launching group attack on a lone warrior was against of war rules, but warriors of Dwarka had to obey Duryodhan as they had come to fight under Duryodhan's command.

Arjun was fighting alone, and was giving tough competition to the whole group. Suddenly, an arrow was about pierce Arjun's arm. Before it could happen Subhadra stood up with the shield, protected Arjun, and started to fight along with him preventing attacks launched on him.

Arjun was awestruck after witnessing the warrior side of Subhadra. The fight continued for a short.

"Stop it! Everyone just stop!" Loud voice of Balram was heard.

"Have you all forgotten the basic rules of war? Is this the way to deal with someone who's not even attacking on all of you despite having the opportunity?" He was extremely angry after noticing the atrocities at war field.

"We are extremely sorry, Maharaj. We have to follow Yuvraj Duryodhan's command," one among the warriors of Dwarka replied.

"It was unexpected from you, Duryodhan!" Balram shot a sharp glare at Duryodhan.

"Even it was highly unexpected that the princess of this land would raise weapon on her own people," Dushashan countered.

"I raised weapon not only to fulfill my duty as a wife but also to protect the dignity of my clan. Fighting together with a single person isn't a virtue of Yadav warriors. So, raising weapon I had put down all those fingers which could have arose on warriors of my clan," Subhadra had considered both about her clan and her husband.

Her reply made everyone speechless. The warriors who had shame bowed their heads, but none of them were Duryodhan and any of his brothers, of course.

"No need of continuing war anymore. I have accepted my sister's choice, wholeheartedly," Balram announced with a small smile which was holding proud feeling in name of Subhadra.

"Bhrata Duryodhan, I hope dau's voice is audible to you. So, change your gesture and pose. You have to attend the wedding from Groom's side," Krishn smiled at an enraged Duryodhan who hadn't put down his raised mace till then.

Subhadra and Arjun reached at mandap after getting ready. The rituals of marriage started, and completed without any disturbance. Seeking blessings from elder the couple proceeded ahead for post marriage rituals.

Subhadra was sitting in wait of Arjun after everything was done. Her room was decorated beautifully to make her mesmerised, but she was in no mood of looking at that. The reason was her worries.

She married the person whom she loved, but her marriage didn't happen in the way she wished. Her family had accepted her marriage all gladly, but royal family of Hastinapur would never accept this marriage.

She would have least bothered about royal family of Hastinapur if Indraprastha had had its sovereignty. Indraprastha was under authority of Hastinapur. The fact she should bother about was Draupadi's acceptance.

Sharing husband with other woman wasn't easy for a woman especially when she was a common of wife. On the top of that she had been waiting for Arjun since twelve years as he was on a long exile.

Amidst of her thoughtfulness she felt a tender touch on her shoulder. Coming out of trance she noticed her prince charming was smiling at him.

"Why are you tensed, Subhi? I am confident enough that you can cheer Panchali up, and can capture her in your love unlike you have captured me," he sat beside her. If it were a normal situation she would cheer his compliment, but she was too worried to consider anything at that moment.

"My arrival is going to agonise her, and this fact won't change ever," her eyes lowered in the heaviness of guilt.

"For one fact we can't ignore the happiness we can create in future. So, just be relaxed," he cupped her chin making her notice a small cut on his arm.

She caressed the cut without a second thought. Her fingers voluntarily moved on the string marks on his shoulder as if those marks had enchanted her emotions.

She lowered her eyelids when she realised their closeness, and most importantly his gaze over her.

"I love the reward I have got for these marks. As a warrior I used to admire those. Today I have got one reason to admire those," saying so he leaned head on her shoulder surrendering himself to her soft touch.

She continued to caress his shoulders and muscles to swipe away the stress caused over them due to the way of that day. In no time he slept, peacefully.

She laid him down, and laid beside him to close her eyes looking at the loving smile which had formed on his face during sleep.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏