Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

💝 Do I have to make a new book?

Stories and poetries must be newly written and read as a standalone one-shot. If your new story/poem is part of an existing collection, it won't be featured in the reading lists of the participating profiles.

💝 Does my story have to be in English?

Any entries written in English and Hindi will be accepted.

💝 Does it have to be 5000 words?

The word limit is between 1000 and 5000, no more or less.

💝 Can I do a co-written story with someone?

Yes, you can! However, if you choose to publish on both of your profiles, be aware that we can only add one story to our respective reading lists, not both.

💝 Can I enter more than one entry?

No, we are only accepting one entry per user.

💝 What about Mature? Are diverse characters allowed? What about Fanfiction?

Of course! We always welcome diversity in your characters and stories. Mature entries are allowed as long as it meets Wattpad's Content Guidelines. We accept fanfiction as long as it follows Wattpad's Content Guidelines and doesn't infringe on someone's copyright.

💝 How will our entries be judged?

Stories are judged on various factors, such as writing quality, originality, and relation to the chosen prompt. Ensure you are proofreading your work before submitting it! If you do not wish to participate in the contest but would like to use a prompt for one of your stories, you are free to do so!

💝 Can I change the details of the prompt I've chosen?

You are welcome to combine prompts, but your entry must follow one main prompt. Modifications to the prompt are permitted if the chosen prompt is still recognizable. You cannot reuse/rewrite an older story for this contest, its date of publication must not precede this contest date.

💝 How do I submit my story for this contest?

You can submit via this form.

💝 Can I choose my own genre?

The main genre should be romance, you are free to use any genre as the sub-genre of the story.

💝 Is LGBTQ allowed?

Yes, it is.

💝 How old do I need to be to enter the contest?

You need to be 13 or older to enter the contest.