013, save some water for the fish

.•POURING RAIN•.
           { irl }

                   —————.•💫•.—————

"uhm hi" mallekai said with a small wave and smile. the whole room was pure silence which only made mal focus more on the fact she hadn't showered still and was sandy.

"could I uh please have a shower? i'll tell you guys everything you want to know after I just really need a shower" mal spoke quickly, anxiety prickling up her back.

did they even want her here? were they going to tell her she can't stay there? oh god.. oh god!! mal snapped out of her panic when she felt two hands on her arms.

"hey hey mal it's fine, breathe! you're good mallee, you're okay." matt's voice soothed her. she hadn't even realised but she had started breathing quickly and shaking.

"the showers upstairs if you forgot..  I can grab you a towel, do you have pyjamas?" chris asked as matt let go of her arms. mal smiled and sent him a slight nod before running up the stairs.

she was so excited to finally shower that she just placed her bags down in the living room. at the moment she couldn't be bothered to grab her pyjamas so she just brought the bag of clothes in with her. mal made it to the bathroom locking the door behind her.

she practically dove in under the water almost instantly, washing the salty water from her skin. she scrubbed her hair with shampoo and conditioner since the beach always made it so dry.

once mallekai finally finished her shower she grabbed the towel chris had grabbed for her and dried her body. then she dug through her bag to find her pyjamas.

she found her shorts but couldn't for the life of her find her shirt, she groaned having enough and just tipping the whole bag out.

her eyes widened once the clothes spilt out, there was no shirt whatsoever. mal felt like breaking down and sobbing on their bathroom floor but before she could there was a tap on the door.

"you good in there? you've been taking forever! save some water for the fish!" matt being his typical rude self yelled through the door.

"uh yeah sorry just a sec!!" mallee stood up from the floor stuffing the clothes in her bag quickly. she wrapped the towel around her upper half that was exposed and opened the door.

matt eyes widened instantly as he saw the girl with practically just a towel covering her boobs, mallekai just smiled at him awkwardly.

"uh yeah sorry I uhm forgot my shirt.. can I borrow one please??" she asked as sweet as she could.

she hadn't planned on asking matt, she more wanted to ask nick or chris but he was right outside the door and would save her the embarrassment of walking through the house.

"uh yeah yeah okay follow me." matt said quickly turning around to lead her to his room.

"I know where your room is dumbass i've been her before" mallekai rolled her eyes.

"oh i'm sorry do you want this shirt or do you want to keep half flashing everybody as you walk around?" matt asked turning around and stopping almost causing mallee to run straight into him.

mal shook her head slowly even though she was quite annoyed at the moment. matt always knew how to get on her nerves, he was like a magician at it.

"yeah that's what I thought." matt spoke blankly, he almost looked unimpressed. mallekai rolled her eyes at the boy before continuing to follow him.

finally they reached his room, it was almost the exact same as it was when they were in year 6. it was still the same old boring walls with little to no decorations. the only thing that really changed was his bed getting bigger and not being a race car anymore.

"gosh your rooms still as sad as ever," mal couldn't help it she HAD to say something. matt turned around, looking at the girl with straight disappointment.

"really? that's all you gotta say? after i'm being oh so generous and giving you one of MY shirts that's what you say to me?" matt scoffs rolling his eyes before moving over to his closet.

he shuffles through his shirts before grabbing out a random one and looking at it, it was a plain black shirt with a random design on it. matt shrugged before handing it to mallekai.

mal took it from him, examining it closely. it would do she supposed. she shrugged before looking up to find him staring in to her soul.

"uh yeah this is good i'll uh get changed now I guess" she muttered, mal didn't know where she was supposed to get changed so they both just stared at each other in silence.

"oh OH! sorry you can get changed I won't look or I can leave if you'd rather that? you know I might just uhm I can leave" matt sounded half panicked which made mal laugh to herself.

"matt honestly it's fine just turn around but I swear to god if you peak i'll actually kill you." mal said with the most serious tone that she could muster.

matt rolled his eyes turning around quickly. mallekai dropped the towel, her upper half was completely bare and she was in the same room as her ex best friend. this just felt utterly insane.

she pulled the shirt over just in time before chris appeared in the doorway. his facial expression was pure shock.

"uhm what the fuck is happening?" he asked looking between matt and mal quickly.

"I needed a shirt because I forgot mine" mal said confidently since it was the truth, the situation just looked a bit.. well.. odd?

"yeah okay got that part but why are you getting changed in the same room as him? dont you two like absolutely hate each other?" chris was more confused then he was when learning algebra in grade 8.

"uhm yeah we do but it's really not as bad as it looks" matt finally broke his silence.

"okay then you do you I guess" chris mutters walking away with more questions then he started with. he had completely forgot what he had came to the room to say for that matter.

—————.•💫•.—————

A/N - i'm back at school yall 😭😭 the holidays went pass so quick and i'm not a fan man 😰 can't believe we are on chapter 13 already like whatttt actually insane. so basically since i'm back at school my posting may be less frequent but atm i'm posting once i finish a new chapter/i'm forced by my bestie to post the chapter 🥰 so y'all can thank her for the frequent posts 😭