Moving Day

Today's the day. I thought it would never get here, with all of the drama of the past few months. But now that the moving truck is here, and the workers begin unloading belongings, it's more real than ever.

Tom and I had tirelessly been rearranging the London flat that I now call home for the last couple of weeks while waiting for my things to arrive from the States. Now that they are here, we've been working on getting the flat set up for the upcoming arrival of Thomas and Aurora. The nursery walls have already been painted, so we just need the furniture, which should arrive by post any day now.

Grabbing a box marked "fragile," I walked up the stairs to the first floor landing, standing in front of the nursery. Gazing inside, I imagined Tom on the floor with Thomas and Aurora, their sweet laughter filling the room.

"Everything alright, darling?" Tom asked, pecking my cheek.

"What? Oh, yeah. Everything's fine. I was just imagining that in a couple of months the twins will be here. Time has flown by."

"I know. But just think that in eight weeks, our babies will be here," Tom murmured, caressing my big belly. "What's in the box?"

"It's just some old keepsakes that I thought we could put in the nursery."

"Oh, okay. Here, let me," he replied with a grin, taking the small box from my arms and striding into the nursery. He gently set the box down on the lone shelf, sitting down on the window seat. When he extended his arms, I walked into his arms with a smile.

"The furniture should be here tomorrow," Tom murmured, nuzzling against my ear.

"That's good," I giggled, "but when do you have to go back to work?"

"Whenever I want to, sweetheart. I've taken time off for a while to spend time with you and the babies. I can go back to work whenever I'd like."

"Oh. That's a pleasant surprise," I said, unable to control my smile.

Tom was about to respond when his phone went off. He pulled the iPhone from his pocket and opened the text. His smile quickly turned into a frown, and he jumped up from the window.

"I'm so sorry Audrey. Something has come up and I need to go. I promise I'll call at the first available time," he hurried, kissing my cheek.

As Tom hurried around the house packing a bag, I glanced down at his phone that had been left on the bed. The text read:

Sweetheart, I need you. There's no time to explain, just please hurry. I don't think that I can make it without you.
Samantha

I know that it's been a long time coming, but update. Yay! Enjoy! I'll try to get another chapter started soon.