you flinch during a fight (requested)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Honey, I've missed you too. We can and we will be together. I'm just tired. I've been tired and busy nonstop for months. Give me a break!"

She was starting to get frustrated.

The romantic atmosphere you planned to create with the candles and the meal was pretty much ruined at this point.

"You know what? If you're going to be a drama queen tonight, I'm just going to go stay with Momo." She blurted out.

"You just got home!"

"And I don't think I should be treated this way! God, Y/N. I never said I wouldn't eat the meal you made. I never said I didn't want to spend time with you ever again. I just said I'm tired."

"I get that, Jihyo, I do! But I miss you. I thought you'd want to push sleep off for a little while, even an hour, just to catch up and eat a little something with me."

She went silent as she clenched her jaw.

"This is so not how I thought this evening would go." You mumbled.

"Me neither." She grumbled. "I didn't think you'd be an annoying little drama queen right away but here we are."

You scoffed.

"I'm an annoying drama queen? Okay, fine. I never meant to be. I just want you to see what I did for you, for us, because it's been months since we last saw each other. Since I last kissed you. Sorry for missing you! I'll just put everything away and get out of your hair. Your annoying little drama queen girlfriend will leave you alone, Jihyo!"

"You know what, Y/N!?" She huffed as she banged your hands on the counter before raising one of them.

You gasped and panicked as soon as you saw her raise it and, instinctively, you covered your face with both your hands as you anticipated what you thought was coming.

"Please don't." You pleaded. "I'm sorry."

Jihyo stood across from you in shock.

She had seen you flinch and your pleas were breaking her heart.

She put the pieces together pretty quickly and then began to feel the panic setting in herself.

"Oh, no. Baby, baby, no." She quickly said as she slowly stepped closer and closer to you. "You thought I was going to hit you?
I-I would never do that to you."

You slowly lowered your hands and gazed at her with a look of worry.

"I don't care if we're screaming at each other and having the worst fight we've ever had, I wouldn't ever lay my hands on you." She promised.

"I'm sorry."

"No, don't be sorry. It's not your fault. But I swear, I wasn't gonna hit you. My head was itchy." She said as she stood in front of you. "Can I... can I hold you? Can I touch you?"

You nodded your head and breathed out a sigh of relief as her arms wrapped around you.

"I'm so sorry that I scared you. I'm sorry for calling you names and for not talking as much when I was away. This tour was so crazy and it took a lot out of me. It wasn't you. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad."

"No, Jihyo, I'm sorry for making you feel bad. It was a stupid thing to argue about. I should've been more understanding but I just haven't been sleeping much since you left because I missed you so sleep didn't come easy to me. I worked so hard on this and I guess my feelings were just hurt."

She sighed as she rubbed your back comfortingly for another moment before pulling away a little.

"I love you so much. I appreciate you and everything you do. I will eat all of this, I promise. But I'm exhausted, baby. How about we go cuddle for a couple of hours and then we eat? Together."

"Okay. I understand, baby, I do. I love you too and again, I'm truly sorry."

"We're all good. Let's just put it all behind us." She said as she brushed her thumb across your cheek.

You kissed her lips softly for a moment before pulling away with a smile.

"Go up to bed. I'll be there in a few after I put everything away." You said before kissing her cheek.

You went to the table but she came up behind you and put her arms around you.

"Not without you, darling. Let me help you, we'll get it done faster which means we can cuddle sooner."

You giggled as she kissed your neck softly.

"Okay." You agreed with one more kiss on her lips.

She let you go and you both began to put everything away together, both of you so happy to be with each other again and grateful that everything was okay between you, always.