I'm here (requested)

Jihyo's heart broke a little more when she heard the groan fall from your lips once more.

She watched as your eyebrows furrowed as the pain became overwhelming as soon as it hit, so intense it was hard to even catch your breath.

Wordlessly, she grabbed your hands in hers and kissed your forehead softly.

"Squeeze them. Squeeze my hands as tight as you feel that you need to. It's okay, I don't mind. Just hold my hands."

You did as she said, gripping her hands tighter than you ever have before as you tried to get through the terrible pain.

"That's it, my love. You're doing great." She encouraged. "Just breathe and hold my hands."

You did as she said and managed to, once again, get through the intense pain.

"It's okay." Jihyo soothed as you put your head on her shoulder, completely exhausted.

It's all catching up to you now, both physically and mentally.

You've been in this hospital room for the last ten hours, as your baby decided that today was the day they would enter the world.

It's now eleven at night and you're struggling to keep it together, even as Jihyo tries to encourage and coax you through the intense, almost unbearable, pain every time it came.

"Is there anything I can do? Do you need anything while you have a couple of minutes to breathe a little?" She asked as she rubbed your back soothingly, her nails gently brushing along your skin beneath the hospital gown you've been dressed in for hours now.

"I just need you, that's all."

"Okay. I'm right here, my love." She promised and kissed the crown of your head. "I'm so amazed by you right now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have been from the day that we found out that we were going to have a baby. You've gone through so much to get here. But I can't imagine being in your shoes right now. You're so strong."

"Thank you." You said, cracking a small smile against her skin, and she felt relieved to feel it.

"I'm just telling you the truth." She said softly.

"No. Not just for the constant comforting words and encouragement that you're giving me. But for just being here with me. I can't imagine going through this with anyone else or not having you by my side through this."

"Shh." She shushed softly, kissing your cheek lovingly. "I wouldn't miss these moments for the world. I love you and there's nowhere else I'd rather be right now. Trust me."

You sent her another small but sleepy smile as you lifted your head from her shoulder.

But it faded quickly and your lips parted as a gasp fell from them as the pain returned, even worse than before.

"I'm here, I've got you." She said and intertwined her fingers with yours right away. "It's going to be okay. You're doing good. Just breathe and focus on me. Squeeze my hands tight and focus on my voice."

You did just that and also found comfort in the brush of her thumb across your knuckles, her touch and the safety you found in her brought you immense comfort and you managed to get through the agonizing pain yet again, simply because you've got her to lean on through it all.

"I can't do much more of this." You whined and put your forehead on her lap, trying to catch your breath.

"It shouldn't be much longer now." She said and her heart fluttered a little just at the thought.

"I'm excited."

"Me too. I can't wait!" She grinned. "It's going to be so worth it; everything you're going through right now, and all there is to come. It won't be long and we're going to be so, so happy."

"I know." You said, cracking a small smile as you closed your eyes while she held you closer.

"I love you."

"Love you too, Jihyo." You mumbled quietly, knowing you'd be able to get through everything that awaits with her there by your side.