Chapter 4: Malina the Sour Demon

As it turns out, having Hell's chief security officer on a leash meant there were very few people willing to tell you where you were and weren't allowed to go. This was immediately showcased when you and your harem were politely allowed past the security checkpoint with an apology for the delay. From there the newest member of your entourage happily showed you to the next stop on your's and the gang's trek.

Unfortunately that was where things soon began going sideways. . . literally.

Originally the plan had been to travel down from Modeus's office in the second district to the third where you'd "convince" regional director Baphomet to join your harem before finding a rest stop to spend the night. This however did not occur, as the moment you arrived on her doorstep you were greeted with a note stating Miss Baphomet was currently out of the office on holiday. Equally disastrous was the altered gravity.

Ah yes, you'd nearly forgotten that interesting tidbit of geographical trivia amid your disappointment. Similarly to how none your harem forgot to warn you that the gravitational pull of Baphomet's slice of hell being 45 degrees askew from normal. Such was how you found yourself in your current predicament, slowly and carefully shimmying yourself down the streets of a city built on a tilt using its angled architecture like a crutch to avoid tumbling endlessly like one the many unfortunate skeleton girls who'd lost their balance.

Shaking your head in sympathy for the poor girl you turned back to your own predicament and reluctantly let go of the street light you were using for balance. Immediately it was back to feeling like you were stumbling down the steepest hill even though the sidewalk beneath you was utterly flat. Luckily a lifetime of strutting in high heels saved you, letting you balance yourself just long enough to get to the next street bus stop bench up ahead. Whereupon you took a moment to catch your breath and shoot an annoyed glare back at your harem of completely unaffected lovers.

Y/n: How the bloody here are you all not bothered by this?

Standing there looking unbothered by the change in gravity, all three of your girls shot you an indiscernible look before glancing between each other until eventually as the unofficial leader of the harem so far Pandemonica was forced to the forefront. Sighing tiredly, the bespectacled demoness adjusted her glasses before replying in her usual bored tone.

Pandemonica: Oh, we cast the correctional spell before entering the city. It's a rather basic charm to apply.

Your eye twitched hearing that, and for a moment you nearly lost your balance when going to cross your arms. Unfortunately lest you tip over, you were stuck only fixing the three a furious look. Seeing your annoyance, Modeus carefully slid Pandemonica in front of her while Cerberus seemed completely oblivious to the tense atmosphere.

Y/n: Are you telling I didn't have to spend the last three hours jungle gyming my way through the city.

Cerberus: No, but it looked fun.

Massaging your temple, you glared at the overly cheery hellhound before swiveling back over to Modeus and Pandemonica with a frosty gaze.

Y/n: Gimme.

The two looked confused as you stuck your hand out expectantly.

Pandemonica: What do you-

Y/n: The spell, give me the spell now.

Gaining a look of understanding, Pandemonica allowed Modeus to step past her with her hands raised. Moving closer to you, a small arcane sigil ignited between the succubus's fingers as she recited words in some painfully foul language. You ignored the discomfort from hearing her spell and were quickly rewarded with the sensation of proper gravity returning, prompting a deep sigh of relief at finally feeling solid slat ground beneath you again.