chapter 13

The next day we were all playing a ball game where we had to pass the ball from one end of the field to the other. Ju-kyung and I were partners and my arm was already hurting from winding the ball back. I passed Jjoo and she just held it and started saying something to Su-ho. "Ya! Jjoo!" I shout and she passes me the ball. I pass it back to her again and she just holds it, talking to Su-ho again. As I'm about to shout at her she walks towards me. "I don't wanna do this anymore, I think I'm warmed up enough," I nod in agreement and the four of us sit on the grass and talk.

"The Divine Su-ho is joining our team!" Tae-hoon shouts randomly. Ju-kyung and I look at each other confused.

"I think Su-ho's playing on the basketball team," Ju-kyung says.

"Who will stand a chance against that talent?" Hyun-kyu asks, looking around before his eyes land on Seo-jun who was sitting on the grass. "Seo-jun-ah, you're quite good at basketball, right?"

"What? Why?" This prick, I just know he was desperately waiting for someone to ask him. "Does it seem that way?" Hyun-kyu nods. "I'm the bomb," I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Right, of course you are!" Hyun-kyu exclaims. "Then why not join our team and play against varsity in a match during the school festival?"

"I'll have to ask Lim Ju-kyung first," He faces her direction. Did I not tell him to stop doing that? He points at her, "She's the only one I listen to these days," Ju-kyung looks distressed again, "Lim Ju-kyung, would you like to see me play basketball?"

"No, not at all," Ju-kyung shakes her head quickly.

Seo-jun drops the ball in his hand in shock, "Not at all?" I start laughing again, holding my stomach and trying desperately to calm down.

"Ju-kyung-ah, please allow it," Hyun-kyu gets on one knee in front of her and punches the ground. "I don't wanna lose to Tae-hoon,"

"Ah, whatever, do as you wish," Ju-kyung sighs exasperatedly.

"I will if that's what you want," Seo-jun says. This man and his pride. "Count me in," He points at Hyun-kyu and Hyun-kyu claps and jumps up in joy.

"Maybe he has feelings for you," Soo-ah says, "One wouldn't go this far for revenge,"

"I don't care if he's messing with her or not. He's just childish," Soo-jin rolls her eyes. I told him to stop acting like that around her so many times, but some habits are hard to let go of. "Su-ho's never an easy type to read," When did we start talking about Su-ho? "Just look at him playing volleyball,"

"It's handball," Soo-ah corrects,

"Ah, whatever, just look," We all turn around and stare at Su-ho, he probably thinks we're crazy.

"She's just like lottery numbers," Seo-jun complains to me as we walk back inside from gym class. "I can never guess her correctly," His phone rings as I'm about to respond to him and he picks up, I press up close and try to see who he's talking to.

"Hello?" ... "Yes, this is he," ... "It was towed away?!" He hangs up and sighs, "Lim Ju-kyung, you brat," I'm about to ask him what happened when a yellow ball hits him square in the back of the head. "What was that?"

"You're on clean up duty today," Su-ho tells him and starts walking off.

"Childish jerk," Seo-jun scoffs.

"Don't you want your bike back?"

"Was it you who had it towed away? You've lost your mind,"

"The keys in my possession too," And with that he walks away.

"You wanna help?" He points at the box.

"Not really, good luck," I pat his arm and he flips me off.

I decide to stop by the bathroom before going to class and I see the girl with the angel voice there. "Kids from other schools will be there too, what would they think of us having such an ugly soloist?" The girl grabs her hair.