Ikalabing-isang Kabanata

Start from the beginning

Just even remembering everything makes me blush even more. 

"Ang kalat.." Saturino laughed. 

"Hey! This isn't a laughing matter." Sambit ko na lang

"Geez—"

Agad ako nakarinig ng isang sigaw at naalarma naman ako doon. My gold aura in my hair suddenly showed up at agad ako tumakbo sa labas. 

At first glance, it looks like a beautiful woman. If I'm a human, I would think that this is just a couple who's making out. But the man was losing too much blood, he looked so pale.

"Looks like you're enjoying too much, miss." Bati ko naman doon sa babae and I smiled at her. Nagulat na lang ako nung nakita ko yung magandang babae and she developed some wings.

We could say it's a variety of aswang and similar to a vampire. 

Mandurugo resembles a vampire. They are usually young and beautiful women by day, but develop wings and long, sharp tongues by night, which they use to either make cuts in a man's neck, or prick the inside of his mouth while kissing him to obtain blood.

Sometimes the Mandurugo marries unsuspecting men to prey upon them, or may just select one husband, using him as a cover for her blood drinking activities, flying to other villages to feed.

Now, the woman has started to change Its form. Iyong kaninang magandang babae ngayon ay naging isang halimaw na. 

Her wings started flapping and tumulo ang dugo sa kanyang mga bibig, "Wag kang mangealam dito! May naamoy akong kasama mong lalaki diyan sa bahay mo! Gusto mong isunod ko yon!?" 

Ugh, this bitch.

Akala niya siguro papayag ako don? Lasing lang ako but it doesn't mean I can't fight! 

I was about to activate my vines in my hair nung may marinig akong isang boses. A voice that was very familiar. It's my mom's voice.

"Serissa, nasaan ka, anak ko? Bakit hindi mo siya kasama? Nasa piligro ang buhay niya. Kailangan mong tandaan ang mission mo kaya kayo nagkatagpo. Malapit na ang nakatakdang panahon." 

Not in a time like this!

I don't even want to disobey my mom, iba ako sa lalaking yon na may daddy issues! I mean, I loved Idiyanale. I just loved her so much. 

Her kindness taught me how I should save the people who don't have hope in their lives. People who are mistreated by the ones they love, gusto ko silang iligtas.

The ones who are dealing with a lot of pain with the traumas that they thought they couldn't fight, gusto ko silang tulungan.

Especially people who are mistreated by the lies of the government.... sadyang marami lang talaga akong realization after I went through a lot of shit with my dad.

The kind of hero that I want to be is to give hope to others when no one's there for them, gusto ko silang matulungan.

That's what I want to aim for. 

"Mom, I love you. You know that I love you. But right now, I'm in a battle. Tsaka ko na iisipin yung blondie with daddy issues na yon after I save someone here!" 

Umilaw yung buhok ko and then I flick my hands at tsaka ko pinatamaan ng kidlat yung Mandurugo at napasigaw ito. I have a deep connection with nature, you know? Para saan pa at naging anak ako ng isang Diyosa? 

My powers include a deeper connection with the nature  and everything in it including all its countless lifeforms, elements, aspects, etc., allowing them a deep understanding of Nature, what it can do, and how it applies me.