The Golden Guardian last moment

Peter was flipping eggs for breakfast. He was thinking back when he first met the one above all. Ever since this life has been great. He became a hero again and has new powers and family. He is finally happy for the first time ever in his life. He was truly happy.

"Hey dad, there's a superman ripped off at the door." Xiomara called out from the living room. 

'Superman ripped off?' Peter thought then realized who Xiomara was referring to. He turns off the stove and walks to the living room where he sees the most powerful being in existence...The Sentry.

"Rob?" Peter said, confused. "They didn't send you to detain me, did they?" Peter asked.

"No, I'm not here for them. I'm here because I'm ready to hear it." Sentry said. Peter then realized what he meant. After he got his body back, he did some research and some work, then came across Norman days when he made the Dark Avengers. Peter found out that Norman had Robert's wife, Lindy, killed, so Sentry released his full potential and successfully attacked Asgard. Peter offers to tell him whenever he is ready to hear it. 

"Of course, Rob, you want to sit down?" Peter offered. Sentry walked in and took a seat, and then Krypto came up and greeted him. 

"Lovely dog you have there and family, Peter." Sentry comments. Peter sat down with a nod. 

"Yeah they can be a handful, but I love them. So what brings this in?" Peter asked.

"...I'm dying, Peter." Sentry confessed. Peter was shocked, the being that almost Immortal is dying. "After my fight with Hulk, it took a lot out of me. So much so that I'm losing some of my powers. I don't know how much time I have, so I want to know the truth. How did my wife die?" Sentry asked. Peter was shocked and surprised to hear that the most powerful being in the world close to a God is dying. But he made a promise to tell him so with a sigh Peter did.

"Do you remember the time you were a part of the Dark Avengers?" Peter asked, Sentry nodded. "After I got my body from Otto I decided to do some research to how badly he fucked up my life. It was bad but you are not here for that, anyway I came across Norman actions with the Dark Avengers. Do you remember the attack on Asgard?" 

"Yes." Sentry said.

"Rob...Norman ordered Bullseye to kill her." Peter confessed. Sentry fist clenched in anger.

"Tell me you're lying." Sentry said.

"Think, Robert! Think! Do you really think she would have killed herself!? She loves you Robert. She loves you with all her heart. Remember the son of a bitch who was with her." Peter said. Then it all hit Sentry. How could he be so stupid? Lindy was with Bullseye, Norman must have ordered her death so he can release the void. He lost the love of his life to that bastard who swore to keep her safe. "I won't stop you." Peter's voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Huh?" Sentry was confused.

"Killing Norman. I won't stop you." Peter said. This shocked him he would have thought Peter would find him or convince him not to do it. "I fought him for years and each time he got worse. He ruined many lives, I won't kill him because I am afraid I will be like him." Peter said, remember the past encounter and evil deeds he did. "I won't kill him but I won't save him either. Whoever said being a hero means saving everybody, even your worst enemy is the biggest dumbass ever. Sure, there are some you can help and save, but only if they have no choice. So no, I won't stop you if you truly want to kill him. I'm done with him and want to move on with my life." Peter said.

"Normally Spider-Man would frown at that?" Sentry said.

"Well I'm not Spider-Man. I'm Omni-man, I changed in some ways. Plus this isn't my decision. It your Sentry no Robert." Peter stood up and offered a handshake. Then Sentry stood and shook it. 

"Thank you, Peter, now if you excuse me I have one good deed to do." Sentry bid Peter one last goodbye. "Oh before I forget." He touched Peter's shoulder and gave a little bit of his powers to him. "A gift, I heighten your abilities to my level to give you a chance next time you encounter another being like the woman you met. The one trusts you for this and so do I. Good luck my friend." Sentry said then he left. Peter feels a lot stronger now thanks to Sentry; he won't let this gift go in vain. 

"Goodbye Robert. You are a golden guardian." Peter whispered with a tear. Next day Norman Osborn is...dead and so is The Sentry.

Please comment and Vote