X: Collaberation

There have been 46 assignments since the day they returned from their first one. 34 assassinations out of 46 in the last two years. The twins had become more and more efficient and fast. They didn't mess up. Not anymore. They got the job done the first time. They did it efficiently with no slip ups. They even earned a name for themselves.

The Renegades.

They were feared. Drakov had made them the face of the Red Room Program. They had made their way to one of the most deadly assassins in history. Right behind the Winter Soldier. A man no one had lived to tell the tale of. A ghost story. So why couldn't they top him? That was the question the twins asked themselves often. They had more kills. But he did it better. He was never seen, never struggled and never left a trace of evidence.

The twins had been told for months now that they had a big mission coming up. Something unlike anything they have done before, something big. They had been preparing for whatever it was for months. They wanted to know what could possibly be so important that they needed to spend hours a day training on top of their missions.

The twins were in their dorm getting ready for bed. They had got their own room once they returned from their mission. It took them months to get used to it. Not have a bunch of other girls in the room.

"Whatever this big assignment is, it's coming soon." Evelyn said as she sat down on her bed, unlacing her boots.

"It'll be good. We'll figure it out, we always do." Harper shrugs putting her hair up in a ponytail on the top of her head while sitting on her bed.

"I don't know about that. Something about the way they are talking about this mission isn't sitting right with me. Why won't they just tell us what it is?" Evelyn says, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Why do they ever do anything they do?" Harper says in response and sighs. "We don't have a choice so there's no point in stressing?" Evelyn didn't say anything for a while. She sighs again before standing up and walking over to her bag she had dropped by the doorway on the way in. She unzips the bag, reaching in and pulling out a book. "What is that?"Harper asks, eyeing the book in her sister's hand.

"While we were waiting in that bookshop for the target I snatched this book. It's called Selection. Thought you would like it. Since you're so into romantic boys or whatever."Evelyn explains showing off the cover to her. She was honestly surprised she had managed to smuggle it in here without being caught.

"Give me! Give me! Give me!" Harper jumps out of her bed and runs to her sister's side, grabbing the book and jumping back into her bed and snuggling under the blanket. "It's beautiful!" Harper says in amazement looking at the cover and running her hand over it as if it weren't real.

Evelyn smiled at her sister as she excitedly began to read the stolen book. She copies her sister's actions in struggling into her bed. Enjoying the moment, knowing that they won't have another for a longtime. Not with this mission in their future. Whatever it was.

⛧⛧⛧

"Зимний убийца," Drakov says the next morning. He had called them early that morning to his office. The twins were confused because they usually don't call on them until a few weeks after a mission. All that confusion became irrelevant when that name was mentioned. The Winter Soldier

They stared at him blankly. The Winter Soldier?

"Гидра запросила партнерство для выполнения миссии. Они запросили вас двоих около двух лет назад, после вашей первой миссии. Я сказал им, что вы еще не готовы и что я сообщу им, когда вы будете готовы, а это было 9 месяцев назад. Я мало что знаю об этой миссии, кроме того, что она требует особых навыков. Я также знаю, что она как-то связана с аллинирующим Шилдом. Этого мне вполне достаточно. Нам нужна Гидра в качестве союзника. Вы добьетесь успеха, вы понимаете?" Drakov explains, their breaths hitch at the mention of Hydra and ally in the same phrase. That would be very bad. To have them working together. They could become unstoppable. But what really scared them about this whole situation. They were to work with the Winter Soldier. Hydra has requested a partnership for a mission. They requested you two specifically about 2 years ago after your first mission. I told them that you were not ready and that I would inform them when you were that was 9 months ago. I don't know much about this mission besides it is high stakes and requires special skills. I also know that it has something to do with eliminating shield. IT is good enough for me. We need Hydra as an ally. You will succeed, you understand?