iV: THE BEGINNING

A blazing alarm woke the girls, or more like scared the girls awake. "Good morning, Black Widows." a low voice echoed over the room. "New arrivals, follow your guides and listen carefully, you will only get the instructions today." And the intercom clicked off.

Harper made a sound that sounded like a groan and a whine together. "And I thought the morning bell was awful at school," She turned in her bed. "My eardrums probably exploded in there," She stuck her pinky into her ear.

"Get up," Evelyn was already up and changed, somehow she fit into the black shiny suit that they gave them yesterday. She brushed her hair quickly and did it in a tight single french braid down her back, just like the blonde had had. 

They had provided some clothing, all being the same black clothes. They provided toothbrushes, toiletries, feminine products, and a piece of paper with the schedule.

That's it.

Harper chuckled. "Yes, ma'am" and she saluted her sister.  She got out of bed and tried following what her sister was doing.

"I figured it out," Evelyn stated plainly as if she wasn't internally panicking. And she was.

"Figured out...what exactly?" Harper was lost.

"Schools don't usually teach kids how to do things we can do. Harper, our school was mentally—physically,  training us to be something dangerous.  I'm not completely certain, but..." she takes a moment to gather her words. "I think they were training us to be some sort of killers." She explains her thought process as best she can. But could you blame her? Her life for the past 6 years had been leading up to killing?

Harper just stared at her, for once speechless. So she simply nodded her head and continued.

After struggling to get the black shiny suit on, she finally slipped into it and got Evelyn to do her hair quickly before they rushed into the hallways almost running into the blonde girl.

"You must follow me, and do exactly as I tell you too." The blonde girl stood tall and motionless.

Neither of the twins spoke, only nodded and followed her. Evelyn noticed that the other "new arrivals" weren't going to where the blonde girl was taking the twins, they were going somewhere else. The question was answered quickly when the blonde opened the door to reveal Drakov. Then the man spoke to them before they were loaded onto the plane. The man the twins are assuming is in charge.

Evelyn and Harper straightened, and stiffened.

Here we go, Evelyn thought.

"Leave" Dreykov ordered the blonde, and she left the room. 

"Thank you for coming," he tried a warm smile, but it came out as a half-cold grin. The twins didn't answer him, they just stared directly into his eyes. Both of them do not move their gaze, even when he looks away from them for only a moment.  "I hope you have settled in." He bows his head and continues. "You know, you are very special. More so than the rest of them, you see."  He walked around his desk and moved closer to the twins. He walked up to Evelyn first, took her chin in his fingers and turned her head and looked carefully. Evelyn stayed still, but she couldn't help tensing her jaw.

"Relax" Drakov smoothed her jawline. "I wouldn't hurt you" he met her eyes as if that was what she was worried about, then let go a little too roughly, and did the same to Harper, but she still hadn't mastered her poker face, and you could see the fear in her eyes straight away.  "You are my Widows now, you'll kill for me, and steal for me. Because that's what you were made to do." He smiled darkly, and the tiny glint of evil sparked in his eyes like an old friend visiting. Harper tried her hardest not to flinch, while Evelyn stood her ground and threw silent daggers with her eyes. The resemblance of the snake becomes more and more visible.