Diving lesson

Violet and Paulina had embarked on a project that they had been thinking about for some time , cultivating a small garden...with a little trickery . Besides , thanks to Tanya's super power , their afternoons of sowing and watering were already bearing fruit , or rather their vegetables ; perfectly round and juicy tomatoes , fresh and crunchy lettuces , fragrant peppers , plump eggplants and aromatic herbs . Colette , for her part , had finally found the time to wander through flea markets in search of treasures likely to enrich her wardrobe . She even managed to convince Pamela to accompany her...but they both had very different points of view on fashion . For Nicky , the best way to make the most of these first hours of good weather was to swim to her heart's content . That day , the mouselet happened to be at the swimming pool . Crossing the pool , she savored the muffled silence that reigned underwater . But as soon as she resurfaced , the silence vanished .

??? : Hi , Nicky !!

A group of toddlers have gathered at the edge of the small bath .

Nicky : Hello , kids ! Ready for a new swimming lesson ?

A few weeks earlier , Nicky had proposed to the headmaster of the academy to give a swimming lesson to the children of the elementary school of the Whale Islands . The idea came to her during an afternoon spent at the beach with her friends . She had noticed a little girl equipped with armbands who fearfully approached the water , dipped her feet in it before fleeing , terrified . Nicky went to talk to her .

Nicky : The sea is calm and warm . Why don't you go swimming ?

??? : Because I don't know how to swim well...Every time I try , I drink the cup!

Nicky : I had that too , until I learned some tricks to float . If you want , I can show them to you !

At the end of the day , Bea had not only learned to stay on the surface of the water without armbands , but she was already moving like a real little fish . At the end of this impromptu lesson .

Bea : Thanks , Nicky ! If I take my friends tomorrow , will you teach them to swim too ?

Thus was born the project of welcoming Bea and her friends to the Mouseford swimming pool for an authentic swimming lesson . The sound of Craig's whistle sounded near the pool .

Craig : Come on , kids ! Everyone in single file ! Today we are going to learn how to dive from the springboard !

The team of master divers consisted of Craig , Dina and Nicky .

Kids : Okay !!

The young bathers rush to the lowest diving board . Only Bea remained motionless at the edge of the pool . Nicky joins her .

Nicky : Well , don't you follow the others ?

Bea : Um...it's better not...I have a bit of a stomach ache...

Nicky immediately understood that it was a white lie . Bea had never hesitated to enter the water with her when they were at the edge of the swimming pool , the prospect of diving alone , moreover from the top of a springboard , must have scared her .

Nicky : I understand...So then , here's what I suggest , when you're no longer in pain and you want to try , put this on !

The young girl removed a bracelet of colored threads that she had worn and handed it to her student .

Nicky : So when you're on the diving board , it'll be a bit like I'm holding your paw !

Bea : Thank you , it's very pretty !

After passing the jewel .

Bea : I think my stomach is better...I'm running to get in line !

Nicky was about to join the other instructors , when she saw Vanilla de Vissen and the other Vanilla Girls enter .

Nicky : "I bet in twenty seconds Vanilla will be complaining about the presence of the little ones..."

Vanilla : These brats again?! Really ?!

As expected , the big spoiled child that was Vanilla sighed in exasperation . Nicky rolled her eyes , amused ; ten seconds ! Vanilla had broken her own speed record...of whining . After glaring at the apprentice swimmers , Vanilla went to Nicky , Craig and Dina and announced to them in a threatening tone .

Vanilla : Keep those brats away from me . I don't want to be disturbed while swimming ! Understood ?

Without even giving them time to respond , she grabbed Alicia's inflatable mattress , put it in the water and lay down on it , making sure not to get even a little finger wet . At that moment , a child climbed onto a springboard .

Child : Look , Craig , I'm going to make the bomb !

With these words , he jumped into the middle of the pool , producing a huge shower of splashes .

Vanilla : AAaah !

Vanilla's shrill cry echoed from a good distance away .

Vanilla : You drenched me !

Nicky : Yes , mate , you better like humidity when you go to the pool !

After their friend's feat , the other children rushed to jump , all together , into the pool , splashing water everywhere . Vanilla was forced to retreat .

Bea : Nicky ! Go ahead , dive !

The young mouselet did not have to be told twice . After crouching nimbly on the edge of the springboard , she executed a perfect dive . Seeing that their instructor was talented , the children began to applaud . When Dina and Craig in turn showed what they knew how to do , these exhibitions transformed into a joyful competition , refereed by the little students . Victory went to Nicky...Craig and Dina . The three instructors were indeed so good that they finished tied . Coming out of the pool , the boy who made the first bomb exclaimed in admiration .

Child : I bet you could beat any athlete !

Craig : Thanks ! But it was just a game . Professional athletes are much better than us !

Nicky : You're right , Craig...But nothing stops us from organizing our own tournament...the Mouseford Sports Championship ! Craig , Dina , here's my idea...

Taking her comrades by the arm , Nicky began to explain to them what had come to her mind .