𝟕 ; 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞

>> YJH POV (2) <<

The air was strained. "What?"

"I'm right, correct? It is him." Lee Seolhwa continued speaking recklessly. "You only seem to be comforted in his company."

I grew furious. I clenched my fists, pouring every bit of matter I felt within me. How could she stand there and go on about this?

"Enough," I declared. "You're spewing nonsense."

Lee Seolhwa's gaze didn't change. Neither did her tone. "If it's guilt that makes you refuse these emotions— then Junghyeok— overcome the guilt."

I watched the woman with widened eyes.

"You have to continue. You've been burying yourself in a hole of your own sorrow. Junghyeok. There is no time in this short life to dwell on guilt."

I swallowed harshly as my throat became rash.
"I know."

"Move on from the rough feelings, Junghyeok. I already know you're heart is in his hands."

How could she say this so unbothered? It took me several sleepless nights to imagine it. Yet, she narrated the story as if it was simple.

"He is my companion."
"But it seems he is more than that," she added.

I didn't like where she took this conversation.

"Junghyeok. The world will keep moving," Lee Seolhwa came towards me and held my forearm.
"Kim Dokja will also keep moving. No one will wait for you. So do it while you still can,"

I looked down at her and my mind changed a little. Maybe she was right.

'Companions of Life and Death.'
Two who have experienced the fall of the world together. Death, life, loss and gain. Tears, laughter— I've been through everything with this man.

"Don't lose yourself," she said, with eyes of pity.

These overlapping sensations; it clouded my head. It blocked me from seeing beyond my contrasting emotions. But there was still a far road ahead of everything. I just failed to see it.

I lowered my eyebrows. "He won't accept what I have to say. It sounds ridiculous."

Lee Seolhwa laughed gently. Her voice was soft.
"Kim Dokja will admire anything that comes from your mouth. He is like that."

. . .