The Dragon's Resurgence

I found myself seated in a hushed chamber, acutely aware of the imminent events unfolding before me. The dreaded Order 66 was poised to be executed this very evening. A knot formed in the pit of my stomach, a visceral reaction accompanied by waves of nausea.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" uttered a calm voice, and as I looked up, there stood Chancellor Palpatine, his face marked with wrinkles and coldness. I hissed in response, drawing my lightsaber swiftly. "I've been waiting for you, you wretched scum!" And with a swift motion, I struck.

Palpatine had no time to react, and in an instant, our blades clashed, locking us in a fierce confrontation. A fiery rage glimmered in his eyes like that of an enraged dragon. "You will pay for what you've done, Sidious," I snarled, my words laced with venom. However, my heart skipped a beat as I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned to see Anakin. My world shattered at that moment, and I deactivated my lightsaber. "You mustn't do this, Anakin," I pleaded, my voice filled with desperation. Slowly, I turned to look into his eyes, and my own welled up with tears. To my surprise, Anakin's eyes mirrored my sorrow. "There's no other way to save you," he whispered, his voice heavy with anguish. I scoffed, my anger resurfacing. "Save me from what? Your own master? The galaxy? The ones I left behind? I traveled across systems, leaving my friends and soulmates behind, all for you, Anakin, for the Jedi!" I hissed.

"I won't let you succumb to the dark side and abandon everything I've worked for," I declared, lashing my tail in defiance. Sidious growled in frustration as my tail held his legs tightly, preventing him from getting up. Anakin sighed, pulling back the hood of his cloak. "Don't make me do this, my love," he pleaded.

I simply shook my head, unleashing a powerful wave of energy and forcefully hurling Sidious to the ground with the might of the Force. "No, Anakin, you must listen to your heart, not the twisted tales that Sidious plants in your mind. You are strong, you are the chosen one, my friend," I urged, my voice filled with conviction. Anakin's eyes flickered from gold to his familiar ocean-blue, and I knew I had made a mistake by revealing my true feelings. "Is it true that I am nothing more than a friend to you?" he asked, his gaze fixed upon me as he lay on the ground. I let out a heavy sigh, baring my fangs. He needed to know the truth. "No, but I refuse to be with a man who is too blind to see true love."

Suddenly, I turned around, my anger and hatred consuming me completely. A massive dragon erupted from within me, and I descended upon Sidious. Without a second thought, fueled by pure rage, I tore him apart mercilessly, shredding him to pieces.

In that moment, I cared not for the fact that, much like Anakin, I had taken a life. I was no longer a Jedi; I was a dragon, and dragons follow no rules or codes.

As blood coated my tongue, I trembled, but slowly turned around. "You are even more foolish than you appear, human," growled the dragon within me, lashing its tail over the lifeless Sith. Anakin simply stared at me, bloodied and powerful, his expression filled with a mix of awe and disbelief.

"Did you... kill him? Yes, I follow no code, Anakin," I hissed, running my tongue over my snout. I moved away from Palpatine and towered over Anakin, my massive head casting a shadow over his body. "Come with me, do not tread the path of darkness."

He blinked, tears welling up in his eyes, and for a moment, my dragon self softened. She too had fallen for Anakin, but she would not let this hinder us.

Love was important in a dragon's life, yes, but...

"You're unsure if you should love me, aren't you?" he asked, his voice trembling.

The dragon within me spoke, its voice filled with determination. "I know deep in my scales that I would have loved you if only you had remained true to your nature. You are not an enemy, don't let yourself be swayed by a master who cannot protect you."

With a swift movement, I brushed past Anakin, a sense of urgency guiding my steps. I had to find Obi-Wan, to warn him of the impending danger. And Padme, she needed to know the truth. Their bond was a fragile thread, and it was essential for them to be together.

But above all, I couldn't bear the thought of Padme leaving this world without knowing that her precious children were safe, even if Anakin wasn't their true father.

Shaking off my troubled thoughts, a low growl escaped my lips. There was no time to waste. I paused for a brief moment, flicking my tail as a farewell to Anakin, a silent promise of a greater purpose. And then, like a shadow in the moonlight, I disappeared into the vast unknown.

The sight of the clone soldiers patrolling nearby caught my attention. With swift and deadly precision, I struck, taking them down with a swift swipe of my claws. It wasn't just Jedi blood that would stain the ground today; the price of darkness would be paid in full.

Taking to the skies, I left the burning temple behind, the air carrying a sense of foreboding. In that moment, as I soared through the night, I knew that the world would never be the same again. Our destinies were entwined, and a new chapter was about to unfold, filled with uncertainty, courage, and the strength to face the unknown.