Searing Confession

Manuel was humming a song in his mind as he worked through his German class. It turned out that the first-year teacher was sick, so they had to combine it with his class. That's why he found himself staring at the spot where Y/n often sat. He even wanted to ask her friend and classmate, Suniva, where the dragons had disappeared to, but he already knew. Kiril had shown him the envelope that day, and it had nearly brought tears to his eyes. Hearing how calm their dragon sounded broke his heart, knowing the pain Y/n must be going through by not seeing them every day. The pain was just as real for him.

"Dude, you're staring off again," said Aleijah in a teasing tone. The black-haired boy hadn't been the same sharp-tongued boy Manuel had come to enjoy since Y/n had left. He had been quiet for the most part. It had been a week now, though, so he was starting to come back, but there wasn't the same spark in him that was there when Y/n had been around. He loved teasing her, and Manuel knew that. He probably regretted not spending more time with her.

Manuel thought and shook his head, giving Aleijah a soft smile. "Sorry," he said, trying to focus on the teacher who was mumbling about something. He knew what she was saying, but he wasn't really listening. He was dozing off again, lost in thoughts of Y/n.

After a long and tiring school day, Manuel's thoughts were still consumed by Y/N. As he made his way home, the wintery landscape seemed to mirror the cold ache in his chest. He walked the familiar path to his house and, upon arriving, found his mother and father waiting for him. Their solemn expressions told him that something was amiss.

"Dear, there's a letter for you here," his mother said in a gentle tone, handing him a silver envelope. The moment it touched his hand, Manuel's heart quickened. He thanked his parents and rushed to his room, eager to read its contents.

Once in the privacy of his room, Manuel carefully unfolded the letter, and as he did, it seemed to float before him. The ink on the pages came to life, glowing with a soft, golden light.

"Dearest Manuel," the letter began, and every word seemed to resonate with a weighty truth. 

"I know you've received this letter. This is my official apology for never sharing this with you. I wouldn't have burdened you if I had known I wouldn't be returning. But here's the truth: I have feelings for you."

Manuel's heart seemed to skip a beat as he read those words, the world around him fading into the background. Y/N's words continued, 

"Though my heart is tied to Stray Kids, my best boys, there's still a special place for you deep within it. If I ever need to come back, know that I will seek you out first. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me for not sharing this with you earlier."

As he read on, the writing began to grow faint, and the letters appeared to struggle to remain visible. Manuel could sense Y/N's pain in the fading words. He continued to read, his eyes scanning the letter further down.

"Please tell Kiril that he should not suffer because of me. It's not worth it. His heart will heal, and his love will endure, and he will find someone better, someone who will cherish him. And as for Elijah, tell him that I cherish the time we spent together. But there's one thing I regret: my crush on him during the old days. Love, I've learned, is both a trap and a blessing. Keep that in your heart."

The letter ended with, 

"Forever thankful for you, dearest beam, Y/N."

Manuel sat in silence, the weight of Y/N's words sinking deep into his heart. The power of her confession had left an indelible mark on his soul, and he found himself in a profound moment of reflection.

Overwhelmed by the emotions and the weight of Y/N's words, Manuel finally let his guard down. Tears welled up in his eyes, and his shoulders heaved as he broke down. The silent sobs racked his body as he grappled with a whirlwind of feelings: confusion, longing, regret, and a deep sense of loss.

Y/N's heartfelt letter had touched a chord within him that he hadn't realized was there. He felt a profound connection to her, a connection that went beyond mere friendship. Her confession had opened a floodgate of emotions, and in that moment, Manuel found himself confronting his own feelings.

As the tears flowed and the weight of Y/N's words bore down on him, Manuel began to grapple with the complexities of love, friendship, and the bittersweet nature of their shared experiences. It was a moment of vulnerability, a catharsis that allowed him to confront the depth of his emotions.