Chapter 52 - Double Trouble

Start from the beginning

He had come over once before during a gathering for my father's birthday but no one actually knew that. So assuming that he had already seen the house, I thought it was a good idea to get him to see his Arrancar first.

When we entered the room, Stark, Lillinette and Ulquiorra were already sitting on one knee with their heads down. "Aizen sama." Their voices were filled with respect and a little bit of relief as well. Sousuke walked forward to stand in front of them and I closed the door behind me so that no one could see the extra two people I had been taking care of.

"Stark and Ulquiorra, hmm? Your reiatsus have fallen." Sousuke didn't sound too happy when he spoke. Fearing the lives of the Arrancar, I walked to his side and linked my fingers with his. He glanced at me as I smiled. "They took a lot of damage when they fought for you. Don't be too hard on them, okay? They were really looking forward to seeing you again." I said as gently as possible.

He only watched me for a moment and then huffed out a laugh. "I see. You all have worked hard. Rest while I decide what our next step is." As Sousuke said that, he pulled me forward. Ulquiorra and Stark teleported out of my room back to the room I had given them during their stay here. Sousuke pulled me towards the bed and let go of my hand.

He lay down on the bed, resting his head on the big fluffy pillows. "This is very comfortable." He said making me smile. When he was comfortable, he held his arms slightly open indicating me to join him for a cuddle. I blushed slightly but slowly made my way onto the bed as well. He pulled me up effortlessly so I was hovering over him, my face right over his. My eyes were slightly wide but my gaze softened at the gentle look in his eyes.

I smiled, leaning down to kiss him ever so gently. I had my eyes closed lightly as I tilted my head to press a little more against his lips. He had his hands resting lazily on my lower back, rubbing soothing circles now and then. He was so relaxed, putting no effort into the kiss. It was me doing all the work but it was a blissful moment for me.

But I squeaked when I was suddenly moved off him. He flipped me onto my back hovering over me with a slightly playful look in his eyes. I blushed as he came down to trail my neck once again with ghostly kisses and warm trails of his tongue. I bit my lip hard holding in the strained sighs that wanted to escape. I held his shoulders tightly as his warm breths caressed my skin.

After a few moments of his playful torture, he pulled away. He fell on his back next to me bringing me to his side with his arm. I turned so that I could rest my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat as I ran my finger in circles on his chest.

There was a calming silence in the room as we slept. But it was too silent for my liking, especially in this situation.

"Sousuke?" I called out softly, breaking the blissful silence in the room. "Hmm?" his voice too was soft and relaxed. I bit my lip for a moment, hesitating from asking a question that I had been wanting to ask since I saw him again. "If....if things turned out in such a way.....that you could stay here in the human world.....would you stay?"

There was a dense silence in the room after I completed my question. I got the feeling that perhaps I shouldn't have asked this question but the damage was done. I was nervous, afraid that Sousuke would be angry. But he continued to caress my back with no change in his body language. There was no change in his heart beat or even his reiatsu. It was almost as if he was just thinking deeply.....either that or he had fallen asleep and hadn't even heard my question. Somehow, I was hoping for the latter.

"No." It was a flat out rejection. I wasn't actually expecting him to answer but when he suddenly broke the silence like this, I flinched.

I don't know why, but his answer kind of hurt. I mean, many things had changed after he had been sealed. I wasn't in a position anymore to ditch things here and go with him to Hueco Mundo. I was hoping that there was some way I could convince him to stop going after power and probably stay with me in the human world. I'm sure there could be some job he could do....he was intelligent and he would do astoundingly well in business. We could partner up or something and live a life of luxury here....what's to lose, right?