White & Red

Neteyam laughed, a melodic sound to Ao'nung's ears. Neteyam's lips curled upwards, exposing his bunny teeth and baby fangs. Ao'nung tenderly slid a thornless red rose speckled with white spots between his braids. It was a traditional fling Ao'nung did perpetually, asserting that it reminded him of Neteyam's vitiligo patches. Neteyam's traitorous face, much like Ao'nung's, blushed furiously.

"Oh? What's this for?" Neteyam teased lightly, his golden brown eyes leering at his boyfriend's light blue ones. The rose barely weighed, and Neteyam quickly forgot about its presence.

Both boys could smell the honey-like fragrance of the flower. The sweet aroma clouds their brains like a blissful drug. They seemed far from sober, high on anticipation and thrilling passion. Reality would say the scent wasn't strong and only amplified by young love.

"Just a simple gift," Ao'nung hummed. His large hand softly cupped Neteyam's cheek. Neteyam's erratic heart pounded in his chest. What has he done to get favored by Eywa?

"Simple gift from a simple guy?" Neteyam inquired, eyes half-lidded with excitement bubbling in his chest. Ao'nung leaned closer, holding Neteyam's waist and pulling him in with his other hand.

Neteyam dreamily reminisced about their first kiss; it had taken place in the afternoon on a beach near a calm forest. The sky had been partly cloudy, the waves lazily reached for their feet, and the wind softly brushed their features. He distinctly remembered the taste of pine and sea salt in the air and how the mix pricked against his skin in the best way possible. Sure, their lips had been chapped, and their noses bumped awkwardly, but it had been perfect.

"Oh, I'm very complex, Forest Boy," Ao'nung whispered, his breath hot against Neteyam's face. He effortlessly captivated Neteyam and allured him back to reality. Neteyam's hand rested comfortably on the taller's shoulder. Gone were the times the height difference vexed Neteyam.

Electricity sparked in the air.

"You're going to have to prove it to me, then," Neteyam challenged. He twisted one of Ao'nung's curls in his fingers. He still had yet to find out which conditioner his boyfriend used.

The moonlight danced gracefully across their bodies, twinkling in their sappy eyes.

As they were about to kiss, Neteyam's phone blared a jolting ringtone. It began to buzz and jitter demonically in Neteyam's coat pocket.

Both the boys jerked back in surprise. Neteyam's breath caught, causing him to start choking. Sudden saliva clung to the back of his throat as unshed tears made his eyes shine.

Ao'nung whumped him on his back a good few times before Neteyam felt better. The latter meekly gave a thumbs up as his thanks before picking up the phone.

"Hello?" Neteyam rasped, causing both boys and Jake, who was on the line, to cringe. Slobber dribbled on the edges of his lips. Neteyam swiftly used the sleeve of his ebony black coat to wipe it away. So much for keeping it clean.

"Where the hell are you, boy!?" Neteyam's father, Jake Sully, demanded. Neteyam frowned momentarily before checking the time on the top of the screen, causing him to double-take.

"Shoot! Sorry, Sir," Neteyam apologized hastily, tightening his grip on his hard phone case. Tuk, his youngest sister, had unintentionally taken the role of his official phone breaker, having to have dropped it numerous times. Hence, forcing Neteyam to buy the ridiculously expensive and hard-as-stone phone case.

"Get your ass home. Now."

That was all the ex-military soldier had to say before ending the call. Jake knew his eldest son would return faster than an excited dog.